www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Sun Aug 18 2013, 16:43

Well it was with great sadness ive had to say good bye to my little Witte which has gone to a new home but its with great joy that something new has come to stay pic below, will do some more when it stops raining, not going to do anything with it except make a new barrow trolley for it so on the look out for a pair of 10" spoked wheels if any ones got some going



Last edited by Abes on Wed Aug 21 2013, 18:52; edited 2 times in total

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by matt86 on Sun Aug 18 2013, 16:47

Thats a smart one Abes paintwork looks a tad shiny Cool 

whats wrong with the trolley its on ?

matt

PS what rain ??? no rain here all day nice and sunny and warm .

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Sun Aug 18 2013, 16:53

LOL no think that's just down to the camera, nowt really wrong with the trolley just too wide, been raining on and off all day so if you can send the sun down this way that would be very much appreciated

matt86 wrote:Thats a smart one Abes paintwork looks a tad shiny Cool 

whats wrong with the trolley its on ?

matt

PS what rain ??? no rain here all day nice and sunny and warm .

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by matt86 on Sun Aug 18 2013, 18:44

Abes wrote:LOL no think that's just down to the camera, nowt really wrong with the trolley just too wide, been raining on and off all day so if you can send the sun down this way that would be very much appreciated

matt86 wrote:Thats a smart one Abes paintwork looks a tad shiny Cool 

whats wrong with the trolley its on ?

matt

PS what rain ??? no rain here all day nice and sunny and warm .
Think when i get my next small american engine i might be tempted to paint it as they do look a tad nice when painted Very Happy 

weather forecast is warm and nice for next 2 weeks , shall i pack the sun in the trailer when come down to GDSF then lol! lol! 

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Sun Aug 18 2013, 18:59

Ohhhhhh yes please lol, ref the engine looks good in the flesh too, have now managed to date it and its coming in at June or July 1926 not sure if theres any where I can get any history for it from, I doubt it though

matt86 wrote:
Abes wrote:LOL no think that's just down to the camera, nowt really wrong with the trolley just too wide, been raining on and off all day so if you can send the sun down this way that would be very much appreciated

matt86 wrote:Thats a smart one Abes paintwork looks a tad shiny Cool 

whats wrong with the trolley its on ?

matt

PS what rain ??? no rain here all day nice and sunny and warm .
Think when i get my next small american engine i might be tempted to paint it as they do look a tad nice when painted Very Happy 

weather forecast is warm and nice for next 2 weeks , shall i pack the sun in the trailer when come down to GDSF then lol! lol! 

matt

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by matt86 on Sun Aug 18 2013, 19:11

Abes have you joined smokestak forum ? alot of info on there being as its an american forum .

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Sun Aug 18 2013, 19:26

Yes mate already a member on there, they do weeble on there a bit though lol

matt86 wrote:Abes have you joined smokestak forum ? alot of info on there being as its an american forum  .

matt

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Wed Aug 21 2013, 18:41

Managed to get out this evening and take some better pics so here she is, and after doing a lot of research and with a lot of help we now know that she is a 1926 21/2 hp. Amanco Hired Man of the 'Iowa Oversize Line'





_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by matt86 on Wed Aug 21 2013, 19:32

shes a beauty abes , all i would do is change the trolley .

Oh the carter family have there own website , and there is one the same on the page ,

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Lewis MacRae on Wed Aug 21 2013, 19:50

she looks really nice abes!Very Happy 

_________________
Lewis lol! , x2 Lister D, x1 IHC LAA, x1 Lister L, x1 Wolseley WDII, x1 Amanco Chore Boy, x1 Fairbanks Morse Z 3 HP, x1 Crossley 1030?

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Inverness, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:12

Cheers mate now you see what I mean about the trolley and why I said I was going to change it, don't think it will get done till after the season though well not fitted anyway, trolley is going to be like this one me thinks



matt86 wrote:shes a beauty abes , all i would do is change the trolley .

Oh the carter family have there own website , and there is one the same on the page ,

matt

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by matt86 on Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:19

Abes wrote:Cheers mate now you see what I mean about the trolley and why I said I was going to change it, don't think it will get done till after the season though well not fitted anyway, trolley is going to be like this one me thinks



matt86 wrote:shes a beauty abes , all i would do is change the trolley .

Oh the carter family have there own website , and there is one the same on the page ,

matt
Do you need some of my metal skills for the handles ?

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:28

Oh yes please was going to try and find a local blacksmith to sort us some but if you can knock a pair of them up that would be great does that include the handle twist, give us a phone to discuss if you like

matt86 wrote:
Abes wrote:Cheers mate now you see what I mean about the trolley and why I said I was going to change it, don't think it will get done till after the season though well not fitted anyway, trolley is going to be like this one me thinks



matt86 wrote:shes a beauty abes , all i would do is change the trolley .

Oh the carter family have there own website , and there is one the same on the page ,

matt
Do you need some of my metal skills for the handles ?

matt

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by matt86 on Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:40

abes , you want me to ring now ?> or leave till tommorow ?

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:43

when ever is good for you mate aint doing nowt at the moment this end


matt86 wrote:abes , you want me to ring now ?> or leave till tommorow ?

matt

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by matt86 on Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:50

Abes wrote:when ever is good for you mate aint doing nowt at the moment this end


matt86 wrote:abes , you want me to ring now ?> or leave till tommorow ?

matt
incoming Abes ..

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Tue Aug 27 2013, 20:35

Well it had its first outing on Monday, belted it up to the new pump and it did'ent let me down all day so well chuffed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95603147@N08/9607872783/?likes_hd=1

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by StewartH on Wed Aug 28 2013, 15:26

Hi Abes - what a beauty! - are you likely to be showing it anytime soon? a nice piece of rare americana - must have a great sound as well?

best

hamish

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Posts : 400
Join date : 2013-07-04
Location : Hampshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Abes on Wed Aug 28 2013, 16:12

Hi mate cheers for that, got a couple of shows next month just local ones, ref sound should have had it on the video

StewartH wrote:Hi Abes - what a beauty! - are you likely to be showing it anytime soon? a nice piece of rare americana - must have a great sound as well?

best

hamish

_________________
affraid A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: affraid

Abes
Admin

Posts : 1271
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 57
Location : Ringwood

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by StewartH on Mon Sep 02 2013, 13:58

Chuffing lovely sound Smile - nice set up.

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Posts : 400
Join date : 2013-07-04
Location : Hampshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by kevjhnsn on Mon Sep 02 2013, 23:46

cool little set up there abes mate
is that a amanco number one pump set up
looks the dogs bobbins as a display
this months stationary mag has cut out my frank pearn pump and just the amanco is shown ?????/
theres was loads of 2 1/4 -21/2 hp amancos there but theres only supposed to be one frank pearn like it around ???
perhaps needs a coat of shiney paint for the mag to be interested Question Question  dont know hardly ever buy the mag
only buy it when people let me know im in there again
and how do they find out your full initals and engine spec when the pic is of the morning setting up and no numbers or display bourd with info and when its out and the entery forms only get kev johnson scratch scratch scratch 
kev

_________________
lol! " IF YOU DONT DO ANYTHING " "" YOU'LL NEVER MAKES MISTAKES "" lol!

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Posts : 3598
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 38
Location : south cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadness And Joy But Now Its An Amanco

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:49


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum