www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

villiers WX11s numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection

3 posters

Go down

villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection Empty villiers WX11s numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Sep 15 2013, 02:30

villiers wx11s i much like them as i keep buying them
i already have a wx11 lzha 1 1/2hp and a wah
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection 101_6514
the two together
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000613
and the one totally rebuilt and old tank restored and back on again
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000915
a bronze head  wx11-waha none silenced cast iron base type a for alloy piston i have a earlyer  one already number  waha 200
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000916
and  alloy head wx11-wah  with the usual silencer and base
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000917
and more to follow soon a very early  lz tank cooled and another bronze head
yes i really am mental but i love the quality,style and symplicity of the build ,and then all 6 of them ,
i will have in my collection are all different in little ways, tanks, flywheels,casting metals , marking, pulleys, and starting dogs ect ect
but will only keep some perminantly ,would keep all but not were i live no room for sod all ,and see how many are good enough to rebuild too for starters helps i like to repair all but will have to see how it works out
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection Empty Re: villiers WX11s numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Sep 15 2013, 03:31

well i collected another one on tuesday last week
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000922
sorry id already started to strip the engine before the camera battery was charged up fuel tank in the background
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000919
and managed to get 2 of the bottom ends stripped cleaned and rebuilt with the guvernoirs and slip ring ect in the correct ways around
thats why they all ended up left in the bottom of boxes, they took them all apart and rebuilt them all the same way "the wrong way"Rolling Eyes 
with the guvernoir control  slip rings suport collars all stuffed in the guvernoir side pocket of the half base casting ,instead of in the crankweb side , behind the bearing and with  a brass/bronze springy guide retainer to hold it inplace while knocking the bearing and then crankshaft back in place again.
if its put together there way arround ,the centrfugal weights just stay put and act as a crank bush  instead of spinning with the crank and acting as throttle controls
but glad i noticed it before rebuilding them again
i though a crankshaft was bent  ,but that was also just rebuilt wrong and not using the alinement holes for bars or bbig bolts to hold it all at correct point for ballanced crank rotation
and then they started to look like the one at the back and the other one is outside drying the topcoat at the time of this pic
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000920
so after a wire brushing and some layers of paint
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000921
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000923
just slapped it together with different coloured parts
to help me pick the colour scheme before finishing off the scrubbing back to clean castings as i always do
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection Empty Re: villiers WX11s numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection

Post by Lewis MacRae Sun Sep 15 2013, 10:46

Are you going to restor them all. They all look brilliant as they are

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:06

lewis
no will not be restoring all back to new paint
just the ones that have all ready been slapped over in the last 20yrs or so
there are 2 that are in original remains of paint so they will stay as is
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 Sun Sep 15 2013, 19:41

There are a nice looking engine. How much do they sell for.
Andrew

Andrew1971
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Sep 23 2013, 04:54

Andrew1971 wrote:There are a nice looking engine. How much do they sell for.
Andrew
this year around the £60-120 mark as found
is still on there machinery seen them go for more as found
but then the electrics arnt cheap to do ,and parts are like 6 toed feet
but are well engineered and ive aways found then reliable starters after giving them love and tlc
i keep saying im not buying anymore ,but always do when they come along
kev

Last edited by kevjhnsn on Thu Oct 03 2013, 13:22; edited 1 time in total

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Sep 23 2013, 05:15

still waiting for my coil order to arrive Shocked Shocked 
so stuck until they do ,and theres ones for other people also on this order of £400+ worth of coils Shocked Shocked  Shocked 
managed to get away today to collect some more scrap "as the wife calls it" for the collection Laughing Laughing 
this one is from the first 12mnths of villiers stationary engine production
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000925
its a LZ   tank cooled  and its from 1927
villiers WX11s  numbers 3-4-5-6 to my collection P1000926
so another project for the winter or spring ,no rush with this one as hoping to do a all on one trolley display with this one ,water tank petrol tank and thinking a little geny set , but seeing as its smaller than the later ones that i can lift into car on a trolley ,this bugger i cant even lift as it is,sruggle to lift one side up never mind the whole thing affraid affraid 
but all in all this type and age is a proper set of hens teeth to find
its got compression and turns over ,guvernoirs seam to be worthy of working ,no play in bearing at this time
so spanners will see what we have later at some point
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Tue Sep 24 2013, 08:08

That tank cools looks brilliant unrestored so what will it be like restored!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:06

well the post man has started to deliver the new nuts ,bolts,paint,coreplugs and gasket making materials as im starting to run low again
my wife has been in and out of hospital for over a week now ,well since i collected the tankcooled above,
due to her hemmeraging Shocked but baby is still fine and safe8) ,just hoping wife and baby stay that way,so workshop has gone on a standby for now ,but when i have a few minutes to myself when not running eldest to school ,wife back and to docs hospital ect and youngest is quite or asleep, i go and have me some playtime for 15mins at a go on a good day,
so all in all managed to make a few gaskets and find out threads for ordering and so on , wishing i had more time to be outside as have a fuel tank to luster up a magneto to rebuild and 15" american trolley wheels to repair ,and thats before my own jobs to get done, so as my sister inlaw is suposed to be coming to look after my little girls tomorrow and do some ironing , i will be doing the bills and shopping and hoping to get some customers jobs cracked on with before i start getting a bad rep
MOAN over Smile please bear with me
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Oct 14 2013, 02:56

well ive been playing out side and inside ,when i get a few mins to do so
but this was done with a little cheating , buy means of joining the tank fuelpipe from another ,and robbing the electrics
but the result was most pleasing as holds water runs smooth and no rattles, other than the usual 2 stroke one Smile 
so until the coils arrive im stuck on this one and the other that is cracking on slowly but surely,by my standards
as the time im getting if not long enough for bigger heating and welding or filling as by the time id get filler one ,it could be 4-6 hrs before i get back out or home again to flatten off and we all know what filler is like if left to long ,grinder job to get to a point of replacing it all over again
or i just mix mine to harden to fast:lol: 

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down