www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lucas mag. problem.

3 posters

Go down

Lucas mag. problem. Empty Lucas mag. problem.

Post by gyros Fri Sep 20 2013, 20:53

I have recently acquired a Ruston and Hornsby PT. The mag that came with it is a Lucas RS1. The problem is that the mag sparks but in the opposite direction to the arrow on the case which means that when it's mounted on the engine it rotates the wrong way and obviously won't fire. Does anyone know if the mags were produced for clockwise or anti clockwise operation or am I missing something blindingly obvious. If I am i'll blame it on my Parkinsons-I blame everything else on it!!!!
Many thanks

Colin

gyros
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

http://c.tuxworth@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down

Lucas mag. problem. Empty Re: Lucas mag. problem.

Post by chrismac Fri Sep 20 2013, 21:54

Hi, I do know that they are relatively easy to change  he cam round in the points end to change the direction of the rotation of spark, you will need to be sure that this is the problem before switching it round.

Chris

chrismac
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by old oil Sat Sep 21 2013, 17:02

Hi Chris, By the sound of your post your mag has been altered to run in the opposite direction.
It is quite easy to change back. In the stationary engine mag (December 2004) is a two page article of how to change the direction, I am sure the S,E,M will have back copies for sale at a knock down price.
hope this is of some help.
regards tony

old oil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down