www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Free to a good home - Lister D from Ben

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free to a good home - Lister D from Ben

Post by StewartH on Mon Oct 07 2013, 13:37

Its not often you see this kind of generosity but Ben Mottram who recently joined these ranks certainly deserves the accolade of being one fine gent!

Ben recently advertised, on this forum, the fact he had a Lister D in need of a home or it would be scrapped - as it happens I have a neighbour and his son who lost a load of his collection in a fire started by local toerags - so - to cut a story short - I answered the advert first and Ben true to his word kept hold of the 'D' until I could collect it - not only is it in a great condition and very complete bar a couple of minor items (and has a great belt drive pulley, transfers and orignal parts book and the story of the 'D') its also a great gift for a young lad who will be a good engineer one day.

So thanks Ben - you're a real Gent and thanks for the help getting it into the company chariot - no more oil leaked out -sorry about that small puddle in your road - i was not expecting it to have so much oil still left in it:)

I will encourage the new owner to post on this forum so you can see progress.

Best

Hamish

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Free to a good home - Lister D from Ben

Post by matt86 on Mon Oct 07 2013, 13:46

many thanks should be given to Ben , not many will give a engine away for free . Seems like its another youngster to start this hobby and learn and you never know might be a change to the direction of a way to go for a career.

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH on Mon Dec 09 2013, 20:01

just have to say another thanks to Ben - You superstar! Many thanks for delivering the Lister d restoration book - it was a surprise - this is the 'proper job' and will help a lot - basically myself and the lads dad are stepping back to see where it goes so many many thanks for coming out of your way....... Again......

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:53

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top