www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

trolley building

+3
Matth92
callum12
matt86
7 posters

Go down

trolley building  Empty trolley building

Post by matt86 Wed Oct 09 2013, 15:28

Im thinking its time that i should crack on and start building the trolley for my Amanco .

trolley building  DSC_0136_zpsc750a438

will be using the main bearers again that run the length of the trolley but the cross braces and axles are shot so will be making new .

Im just undecided whether to go to 2 fixed axles or 1 fixed and other steerable bearing in mind has to go in the back of my van sideways so has to be compacted .

any ideas welcome want something simple , stable and yet not too low or so the wheels are not too close to the flywheels .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

trolley building  Empty Re: trolley building

Post by callum12 Wed Oct 09 2013, 21:06

I quite like the idea of steerable front wheels. As it is much more practical. but you will need to make the handle fold right up to get it in your van.
so, to be honest, its up to you, both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Very Happy

A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Wed Oct 09 2013, 21:13

callum12 wrote:I quite like the idea of steerable front wheels. As it is much more practical. but you will need to make the handle fold right up to get it in your van.
so, to be honest, its up to you, both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Very Happy
exactly what i think

with fixed axles its not the end of day as the engine is not overly heavy so can be lifted at one end and moved over and will fit in a tighter space .

If the wheels do turn the frame will need to be higher so the steering wheels turn under the framework for maximum turning angle .

i have an idea , but need to draw it up .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matth92 Wed Oct 09 2013, 21:16

Those bearers look dreadful! I have some of those pieces of 3 x 3 about 3ft long if you want a couple of them, like I use on all my trolleys

Matth92
Matth92
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Wed Oct 09 2013, 21:30

Matth92 wrote:Those bearers look dreadful! I have some of those pieces of 3 x 3 about 3ft long if you want a couple of them, like I use on all my trolleys
whats wrong with the bearers ? not big enough ???

i do have some nice oak that i could use .....

you about for a call regarding milking equipment ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matth92 Wed Oct 09 2013, 21:58

matt86 wrote:
Matth92 wrote:Those bearers look dreadful! I have some of those pieces of 3 x 3 about 3ft long if you want a couple of them, like I use on all my trolleys
whats wrong with the bearers ? not big enough ???

i do have some nice oak that i could use .....

you about for a call regarding milking equipment ?

matt
oh yeah did you try and ring me earlier??

Matth92
Matth92
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Oct 10 2013, 03:05

matt i find the fixed axles are easy to move an manco around on and seams safer for loading on my own into car, trailer or even vans ect
just cant get it in my caravan yet :lol:front window jobby Laughing 
trolley building  P1000310
also with one end being light on the amancos steering system will give it the potential to rear up when moving up and down ramps and easy for it to shot off left or right too, thats what ive seen from others and learned with my own ones ,even just one axle and barrow handled ends on main beams will be easy to move and load too,as soon as you get the head end up 18" its only about 10-15kgs weight in your hands
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Thu Oct 10 2013, 08:13

Mine was a 2 wheel job and when I was at a rally I took the wheels off.

wheels on for moving...

trolley building  Weekend1003

Wheels off for running...

trolley building  Amancoandpump005
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 08:57

thanks Rob and Kev , its true if your wheels are fixed it's safer for when transporting as no fear of a axle turning when strapping down and pushing up the ramp .

Kev , wont be able to do a trolley as long as yours , im limited to 3 ' long and that gives me space to maneuver.

Rob great design , no fear of it going anywhere when wheels off Laughing Was yours a petrol paraffin ? looks to have some extra parts on the side .. A rod and lever / bracket .... whats that about ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Thu Oct 10 2013, 09:00

Yes it was a paraffin engine, no idea what all the extra bit were for, never found out, ran like a bag of bolts so was never one of the "top 10" engines in the collection, passed it on a while ago for a Petter M 1 1.2 pear top.Very Happy This also runs like a bag of bolts but that's the way Petter M's run:lol: 
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 09:04

Villiers wrote:Yes it was a paraffin engine, no idea what all the extra bit were for, never found out, ran like a bag of bolts so was never one of the "top 10" engines in the collection, passed it on a while ago for a Petter M 1 1.2 pear top.Very Happy This also runs like a bag of bolts but that's the way Petter M's run:lol: 
that seems odd looks like to be some kind of throttle linkage , i have been told the paraffin engines dont run as well compared to the petrols unless they are working hard when on paraffin . Ah swap for a petter m errrm not my cup of tea , im yet tp find someone to convince me Rolling Eyes 

I shall have to try and get this one running like a clock then , matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 10:07

matt86 wrote:
Villiers wrote:Yes it was a paraffin engine, no idea what all the extra bit were for, never found out, ran like a bag of bolts so was never one of the "top 10" engines in the collection, passed it on a while ago for a Petter M 1 1.2 pear top.Very Happy This also runs like a bag of bolts but that's the way Petter M's run:lol: 
that seems odd looks like to be some kind of throttle linkage , i have been told the paraffin engines dont run as well compared to the petrols unless they are working hard when on paraffin . Ah swap for a petter m errrm not my cup of tea , im yet tp find someone to convince me Rolling Eyes 

Have to agree with you there Matt, Petter M's don't float my boat either

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Thu Oct 10 2013, 13:00

Years ago one local chap never bothered with a wheeled trolley on his Amanco, he simply took the oiler off and turned the engine upside down then wheeled it across the field using the flywheels. 

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 13:02

That's something I would never do, although that would have been a sight!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:29

i wouldnt be doing that for sure , but i took plug out of a lister d and wheeled across the workshop Embarassed 
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:31

What do u mean plug?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:42

Lewis MacRae wrote:What do u mean plug?
had no spark plug so had no compression so just rolled without fighting with compression .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:50

I see what you mean now.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Oct 10 2013, 16:47

matt86 wrote:

always use under a load any parraifin /kerosene or tvo engines, or if no load just run on the petrol only
anyway
the "extra bit" is indead for a fine tuning throttle adjuster and a spring loading ,as i have it on mine
my trolley is around the 4 1/2ft long mark ,and only just big enough for my taste of stabilaty ,to short and they kick up the front when firing , so this was the shortest to keep it still while running on tarmac/concrete anyway
but mines on 11" wheels so smaller ones will shorten the trolley length up to a near a foot
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 18:27

Kev my engine is smaller than yours and have had it running today on the bearers on the floor and does not jump at all .

so think i can get away with it being short ish

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum