www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Good Reliable Engine Courier Needed (& pallet transport tips)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good Reliable Engine Courier Needed (& pallet transport tips)

Post by nutgone on Sun Oct 13 2013, 17:21

Can anyone recommend a good engine courier?

It looks like I've sold the Lister, so with room (potentially) made I have spotted something I like, but it's somewhere around Herefordshire. The seller has offered to palletise it for me & I have found a few different pallet couriers on eBay for between about £40 & £50.

But I've also heard the horror stories which go with the pallet transport of cherished machinery, so has anyone here got any trusted couriers? Or better still is anyone here likely to be going that way & heading towards the south east any time soon & fancies earning some money? (a long shot I know, but I would rather pay a forum member than a faceless company).

Anyway, the Lister hasn't actually gone yet, but the bidding has started, so (ever the anxious enthusiast) I have decided to start the ball rolling. As soon as the money is in my hand I want to get this one home ASAP. (you know how it is, it's not yours until it's safe & sound in your shed, no matter how many promises you get along the way).

Any other tips on pallet transporting an engine would be gratefully appreciated as well.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Good Reliable Engine Courier Needed (& pallet transport tips)

Post by matt86 on Sun Oct 13 2013, 17:44

palletline are good so are national pallets , lister should fit of a half pallet .

matt

matt

matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Sun Oct 13 2013, 18:31

matt86 wrote:palletline are good so are national pallets , lister should fit of a half pallet .

matt
Cheers Matt. It's not a Lister being transported though, I'm hoping the Lister will be picked up in person. My next purchase is something a little different to the Lister, but I'm not saying what it is until I know I've got it (I'm being ultra-superstitious with this one).

I will have a look at those companies, cheers. cheers 

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 17 2013, 07:27

nutgone wrote:
matt86 wrote:palletline are good so are national pallets , lister should fit of a half pallet .

matt
Cheers Matt. It's not a Lister being transported though, I'm hoping the Lister will be picked up in person. My next purchase is something a little different to the Lister, but I'm not saying what it is until I know I've got it (I'm being ultra-superstitious with this one).

Like anyone cares about what you have.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Thu Oct 17 2013, 08:36

Bigkid wrote:
nutgone wrote:

matt

Like anyone cares about what you have.
Are you still following me around??? That's nice, always love to hear from my fan club.Very Happy 

Sounds like you're a little jealous though.

Perhaps we could keep to topic in future???

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by michael3 on Fri Oct 18 2013, 07:47

Another vote for Palletline, I've used them for work and play...

Get it strapped/wrapped so it doesn't fall over or off the pallet. Nothing overhanging. Couriers seem to take more care if it looks like you have too.

michael3
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone on Fri Oct 18 2013, 11:39

michael3 wrote:Another vote for Palletline, I've used them for work and play...

Get it strapped/wrapped so it doesn't fall over or off the pallet. Nothing overhanging. Couriers seem to take more care if it looks like you have too.
That's very helpful Michael, thanks. I will have a look at their website.

It's typical though, now the Lister has gone & I've got the money & space for this new one I can't get hold of the seller! So I might not end up with it at all. Hopefully he hasn't changed his mind or sold it on to someone else. I expect he's just one of those people who won't be rushed. I can be a little over enthusiastic at times.

BTW, good to hear from you Michael. Hope you're keeping well. I will try & drop you an email soon, let you know how everything's going. I think I saw your Vire engine reappear on eBay a few weeks back. Any new projects in the pipeline for you?

nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by michael3 on Fri Oct 18 2013, 12:27

Hi Matt,

Good to see you are back and hope things are progressing on the health front. Yes the guy who bought the Vire seemed to be selling all his engines off. Don't know if he got what he was looking for...

Nothing new in the pipeline, looks like a classic wooden sailing dinghy will be the winter project (think varnish, mahogany, copper rivets etc). Still have the Petter and still have an eye out for something smallish of particular interest...who knows?!

Michael

michael3
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:51

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top