www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers Date of Manufacture please

3 posters

Go down

Villiers Date of Manufacture please Empty Villiers Date of Manufacture please

Post by Slim Tue Oct 15 2013, 16:49

Hello, I have a MK20 Villiers 4 stroke, its numbering is as follows :-
281D 71011 can anyone date this engine for me ?
Thanks

Slim
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Villiers Date of Manufacture please Empty Re: Villiers Date of Manufacture please

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Oct 15 2013, 20:27

if you give me the numbers of the flywheel inside and out ,
the numbers you give should be a later one with a one piece cowling with the alloy plate in a pressed in plate sized and shaped divert
i can usually get it to the month with the flywheel mag numbers "if your looky ,pics also help as i know all the little tweeks over the yrs of production to within 10yrs ,there is now official records of factory production ,but ive sofar always been able to date them within a 2 year window of the stamping when ive been looky enought to find the on restoration
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Villiers Date of Manufacture please Empty Re: Villiers Date of Manufacture please

Post by Slim Thu Oct 17 2013, 20:27

kevjhnsn wrote:if you give me the numbers of the flywheel inside and out ,
the numbers you give should be a later one with a one piece cowling with the alloy plate in a pressed in plate sized and shaped divert
i can usually get it to the month with the flywheel mag numbers "if your looky ,pics also help as i know all the little tweeks over the yrs of production to within 10yrs ,there is now official records of factory production ,but ive sofar always been able to date them within a 2 year window of the stamping when ive been looky enought to find the on restoration
kev
I've found the following on the brass flywheel outer
R203A203 3/62
Thanks
Dale

Slim
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Oct 17 2013, 22:23

Slim wrote:
kevjhnsn wrote:if you give me the numbers of the flywheel inside and out ,
kev
I've found the following on the brass flywheel outer
R203A203 3/62
Thanks
Dale
dale
there it is ,yours is leaving the factory stores in appox
march 1962 to april 1962 as mags were fitted just before delivery or even after delivery if going to the likes of burgess`s or atco ect
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Fri Oct 18 2013, 15:59

Thanks, I didn't think the engine was that old, I assumed late 60's early 70's. Umm - its older than me.
Regs
Dale

Slim
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Oct 18 2013, 17:11

they were made for about 40 years
heres my early mk25 etrol parrafin running made 1944
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the only main difference on earlyer ones was a split cowling design ,mine turned out to be a rare bugger with a villiers vapourizer fitted and twin fuel tank
the engine under tin works is identical to the end of production
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Villiers Date of Manufacture please Empty Villiers Date of Production please?

Post by Thomas Green Fri Apr 18 2014, 14:33

Can anyone help me date my engine please? It is a Villiers 4 stroke MK12 120cc with kickstart. The instruction plate has the number 284C 96332A 12 and on the Dynamo flywheel and backplate are the following numbers and letters.
M325BA71E4 59
BM502/3
V1278
M2663C
42 with a circle around it.
M5 with a circle around it

Thomas Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down