www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

LEIROY twin cylinder radiator cooled

+3
Matth92
Foden
kevjhnsn
7 posters

Go down

LEIROY  twin cylinder radiator cooled   Empty LEIROY twin cylinder radiator cooled

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Oct 17 2013, 00:31

hi i have a leiroy water cooled twin petrol ive been handed the responsablity of returning to running once again
ive managed to get him the wheels needed to get it rolling again ,as was converted to wheelbarrow style ,but the crank handle swings in between the carry handles No No so ive copied the old rear axle and found matching wheels and hes going to fit the axle back on himself

but my main question is does anyone know to a manual infomation or web link relating to this manufacturer, as the mag is of a un usual make to me ,and cant find any details of the mag or on the mag , will post some pics when i retake then as ive managed to delete them since i last seen the engine Embarassed 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

LEIROY  twin cylinder radiator cooled   Empty Re: LEIROY twin cylinder radiator cooled

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17 2013, 17:52

Would be nice to have some pics of that Kev, I have a keen interest in twins !!

Back to top Go down

LEIROY  twin cylinder radiator cooled   Empty Re: LEIROY twin cylinder radiator cooled

Post by Foden Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:44

Wasn't the Lister G1/G2 a development of the Leiroy engine but with a different crank throw?  Just a bit of useless information!Smile 

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matth92 Thu Oct 17 2013, 20:24

Foden wrote:Wasn't the Lister G1/G2 a development of the Leiroy engine but with a different crank throw?  Just a bit of useless information!Smile 

Pete.
yeah:D 

Matth92
Matth92
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Oct 17 2013, 22:16

Foden wrote:Wasn't the Lister G1/G2 a development of the Leiroy engine but with a different crank throw?  Just a bit of useless information!Smile 

Pete.
pete elephant 
??????????????????? you tell me ????????????????????
but thinking about it ,seams to ring a bell from a conversaition ive heard or even may of had Smile but sleept since then Embarassed may be one of stus comments at some time as he has or had a twin g lister
but it could be so ,as many listers ,have looks of earlyer amarican engines
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Oct 28 2013, 10:46

You're right Pete, it was. Lister bought the design, or made them under license. I quite fancy one of the Lister models, but I'm told they are very heavy. I still may possibly have one or two on the cards for the future though. Haven't seen them myself yet but am assured they are there, awaiting restoration.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Mon Oct 28 2013, 18:50

nutgone wrote:You're right Pete, it was. Lister bought the design, or made them under license. I quite fancy one of the Lister models, but I'm told they are very heavy. I still may possibly have one or two on the cards for the future though. Haven't seen them myself yet but am assured they are there, awaiting restoration.
The Lister G1's are heavy without a doubt! I helped Stationary Stu move his at a rally a few years ago, and then the axle snapped and the hopper deposited hot water over me!Shocked Thank's Stu.Smile  We then had 'fun' getting a three wheeled trolley into his van........

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Mon Oct 28 2013, 19:07

Foden wrote:
nutgone wrote:You're right Pete, it was. Lister bought the design, or made them under license. I quite fancy one of the Lister models, but I'm told they are very heavy. I still may possibly have one or two on the cards for the future though. Haven't seen them myself yet but am assured they are there, awaiting restoration.
The Lister G1's are heavy without a doubt!  I helped Stationary Stu move his at a rally a few years ago, and then the axle snapped and the hopper deposited hot water over me!Shocked Thank's Stu.Smile   We then had 'fun' getting a three wheeled trolley into his van........

Pete.
LOL, what happened to Stu, he's not been on for ages?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Oct 28 2013, 19:14

not a clue i know as much as you do Lewis .

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Mon Oct 28 2013, 19:47

Stu is having a bit of time out
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Oct 28 2013, 19:52

Yeah, but the twin is such a lovely looking engine. I wonder if it would be heavier than the Kohler??? scratch 

This whole thread has got me thinking now, maybe I should chase up those Lister G2 engines. I believe one is rad cooled, still with it's cowling & possibly some sort of gearbox, but having never actually set eyes on them myself I can't be sure.

Worth having a google search if you've never seen one. I reckon they're quite pretty.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Oct 29 2013, 05:11

well leiroy is about the size of a modern 2 ltr 4 cylinder diesel all cast iron and about a 6 gallon bonnet tank and really heavy old radiator too
it took some grunting from 2 of us to load it , and i can manhandle a un-trolleyed twin 55 jap in and out of trailers with the kevarms loading system only
so the weight is a good question that we will have to find out ,or wait till spring until i get around to fitting it in ,in the worst case

stu is ok ,hes just chillin and spending more time on the grand kids for the mean time Smile 
he keeps poping up here and there in my other web time haunts Smile 

kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Tue Oct 29 2013, 12:55

Pleased that Stu is OK, I have phoned him a time or two but got no answer (happen he knew it was me phoning!) as I was at his clubs rally a few weeks ago and had hoped to see him again.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Tue Oct 29 2013, 14:19

I see him on Facebook occasionally, so he's still with us. Sadly missed on here though, especially by me.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down