www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister D guvenor Housing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lister D guvenor Housing?

Post by Lewis MacRae on Fri Nov 08 2013, 16:41

I was just about to start priming the Guvenor housing but then I realised I couldent get in round the round piece! So I took it of without thinking, Is there any timing marks or something that should be timed in there as I just simply oulled it out?

Many thanks if you know, Lewis

guvenor by LewizMacRae, on Flickr

Old pic but the bit that I have took of is the round part with the guv spring and weights in!

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Lister D guvenor Housing?

Post by Lewis MacRae on Fri Nov 08 2013, 16:43

If any of you don't know I'll look in the Lister D resto book

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Villiers on Fri Nov 08 2013, 19:41

No timing marks, just gotta slide it in real sloooow

Villiers
Life Member
Life Member

http://www.rcoleplumbingservices.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae on Fri Nov 08 2013, 20:35

cheers !

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH on Fri Nov 08 2013, 20:55

Hi Lewis - if you get a chance can you update us on how this worked out - I am learning ( slowly some may say!) all about the lister D and the governor is a mystery.....

Best

Hamish

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae on Fri Nov 08 2013, 21:31

StewartH wrote:Hi Lewis - if you get a chance can you update us on how this worked out - I am learning ( slowly some may say!) all about the lister D and the governor is a mystery.....

Best

Hamish
Hi Hamish,

here it is it went well (surprisingly) Its all in first coat of primer and is waiting for second coat. I agree, The governor is a bit of a mystery! If you do want to split the governor, which I suggest you do if you are painting it, is undo the Nut beside he flange for the mag bracket and carefully slide it out!

lister D Guvenror by LewizMacRae, on Flickr

Lister D Guvenor by LewizMacRae, on Flickr

Lister D guvenor by LewizMacRae, on Flickr

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Villiers on Sat Nov 09 2013, 10:15

[quote="StewartH"]Hi Lewis - if you get a chance can you update us on how this worked out - I am learning ( slowly some may say!) all about the lister D and the governor is a mystery.....

Best

Hamish [/quote]
No mystery Hamish, the weights inside the casting spin round at engine speed, as the centrifugal force moves the weights out the pin in the centre pushes against the lever, this rotates the bottom rod and pulls the butterfly closed. If your engine runs to fast you have got adjustments on the rod from the carb down, also on the spring from the carb to the hook above, it's a case of getting the adjustable rod right, then the running speed set on the top spring. Simples:D 

Villiers
Life Member
Life Member

http://www.rcoleplumbingservices.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 16:16

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top