www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

4 Mule Team Truck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4 Mule Team Truck

Post by pistolpete61 on Sun Nov 10 2013, 22:06

Here you are Matt pics as promised !

This is a copy of a original Amanco  4 Mule Team Truck as supplied when they were new.

Various stages of wheel making and axles etc.

This is what it should look like when finished but with out the engine base on.



































Making of square headed nuts and bolts.



Making and bending of steering drop down bracket.



Axle support bracket.





Trial run of building up truck to check levels.



Not far to go now lol.!!Smile

First trial fitment of engine onto truck to mark and drill engine mount holes. On roughly bolted truck.Very Happy 





Last edited by pistolpete61 on Sat Dec 07 2013, 17:08; edited 1 time in total

pistolpete61
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Posts : 118
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 55
Location : Chelmsford Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by matt86 on Sun Nov 10 2013, 22:14

Pete thats some top quality engineering mate , you should be proud of that mate .

Did you bend the front axle steering frame / yoke with the oxy acetylene ?

matt

_________________
Reproduction amanco silencers made , contact me for details

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by pistolpete61 on Sun Nov 10 2013, 22:18

matt86 wrote:Pete thats some top quality engineering mate , you should be proud of that mate .

Did you bend the front axle steering frame / yoke with the oxy acetylene ?

matt
Yes matt to thick to bend cold as it is 6mm plate.
Got to make up steering handle which is bent round axle 15 mm round bar !! another heat job lol

pistolpete61
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Posts : 118
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 55
Location : Chelmsford Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by Lewis MacRae on Sun Nov 10 2013, 22:30

That is really good, when I get round to restoring my chore boy this winter I'm going to build an original truck for it.

Getting back to your truck, how long did it take to make the wheels?

_________________
Lewis lol! , x2 Lister D, x1 IHC LAA, x1 Lister L, x1 Wolseley WDII, x1 Amanco Chore Boy, x1 Fairbanks Morse Z 3 HP, x1 Crossley 1030?

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Inverness, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by matt86 on Sun Nov 10 2013, 22:47

pistolpete61 wrote:
matt86 wrote:Pete thats some top quality engineering mate , you should be proud of that mate .

Did you bend the front axle steering frame / yoke with the oxy acetylene ?

matt
Yes matt to thick to bend cold as it is 6mm plate.
Got to make up steering handle which is bent round axle 15 mm round bar !! another heat job lol
pete i knew bent hot but meant with propane torch ir gas axe ...

i need to sort out a method on bending metal as i have some 8mm flat that need to use to make some trolley handles for fairbanks and amanco . used mapp gas and works ok on 6mm but 8mm doesnt get red hot to twist like a candy twist .
i have been told a sivert brazing torch would do as has a low flame and a trigger for a high flame.

oxy acetalyne or proane too much just for ocasional use.

matt

_________________
Reproduction amanco silencers made , contact me for details

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by matt86 on Sun Nov 10 2013, 22:49

Lewis MacRae wrote:That is really good, when I get round to restoring my chore boy this winter I'm going to build an original truck for it.

Getting back to your truck, how long did it take to make the wheels?
lewis this truck is not one for a choreboy ... i have got plans for a choreboy truck in my head its a wheelbarrow type .

matt

_________________
Reproduction amanco silencers made , contact me for details

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by pistolpete61 on Mon Nov 11 2013, 07:58

Lewis MacRae wrote:That is really good, when I get round to restoring my chore boy this winter I'm going to build an original truck for it.

Getting back to your truck, how long did it take to make the wheels?
Hi mate it took about a good day each to make the wheels longest job is turning out the hubs and boring them out as ive only got a small lathe be quicker on big lathe as you can hog out the middle quickly but im not in no hurry so i just do it in the evenings when i get time.

pistolpete61
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Posts : 118
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 55
Location : Chelmsford Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by StewartH on Mon Nov 11 2013, 08:46

That's a good looking, well engineered, result - and a pleasure to follow the thread - its also a pleasure to read about these engineering jobs and with your pictures to see how you did them - all good for those of us learning the ropes.... which definitely includes me.....

Would be good to see on the rally field one day

Best

Hamish

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Posts : 400
Join date : 2013-07-04
Location : Hampshire

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by pistolpete61 on Mon Nov 11 2013, 18:34

matt86 wrote:
pistolpete61 wrote:
matt86 wrote:Pete thats some top quality engineering mate , you should be proud of that mate .

Did you bend the front axle steering frame / yoke with the oxy acetylene ?

matt
Yes matt to thick to bend cold as it is 6mm plate.
Got to make up steering handle which is bent round axle 15 mm round bar !! another heat job lol
pete i knew bent hot but meant with propane torch ir gas axe ...

i need to sort out a method on bending metal as i have some 8mm flat that need to use to make some trolley handles for fairbanks and amanco . used mapp gas and works ok on 6mm but 8mm doesnt get red hot to twist like a candy twist .
i have been told a sivert brazing torch would do as has a low flame and a trigger for a high flame.

oxy acetalyne or proane too much just for ocasional use.

matt
Hi Matt,
only used oxy acetylene as they were my mates which he did not want any more other wise would use my mate who lives near by.

pistolpete61
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Posts : 118
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 55
Location : Chelmsford Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by pistolpete61 on Mon Nov 11 2013, 18:38

StewartH wrote:That's a good looking, well engineered, result - and a pleasure to follow the thread - its also a pleasure to read about these engineering jobs and with your pictures to see how you did them - all good for those of us learning the ropes.... which definitely includes me.....

Would be good to see on the rally field one day

Best

Hamish
Cheers Stu for the comments,

First time I ever thought about going this far for a trolley !!!

this is a first for me and have learnt a lot doing this as well there are a few mistake's but hay its all good fun will keep you all updated on the progress and pics. Smile 

pistolpete61
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Posts : 118
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 55
Location : Chelmsford Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by Lewis MacRae on Mon Nov 11 2013, 18:48

have just looked at the pictures again pete, and that pillar drill looks like my one!

_________________
Lewis lol! , x2 Lister D, x1 IHC LAA, x1 Lister L, x1 Wolseley WDII, x1 Amanco Chore Boy, x1 Fairbanks Morse Z 3 HP, x1 Crossley 1030?

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Inverness, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by pistolpete61 on Mon Nov 11 2013, 18:57

Lewis MacRae wrote:have just looked at the pictures again pete, and that pillar drill looks like my one!
Yeh its not that good actually,

got to much play in it but it does the job lol Smile 

pistolpete61
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Posts : 118
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 55
Location : Chelmsford Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by matt86 on Mon Nov 11 2013, 19:01

pistolpete61 wrote:
Lewis MacRae wrote:have just looked at the pictures again pete, and that pillar drill looks like my one!
Yeh its not that good actually,

got to much play in it but it does the job lol Smile 
ive just ordered myself a new drill was on a christmas special reduced from £550 to £311 its got a MT 2 chuck on it and a good fairish size .

matt

_________________
Reproduction amanco silencers made , contact me for details

matt

matt86
Admin

Posts : 5581
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 30
Location : swindon/ faringdon

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by JONESEY on Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:03

Looks fantastic Pete
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Posts : 2850
Join date : 2009-07-21
Age : 54
Location : Verwood, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by pistolpete61 on Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:22

JONESEY wrote:Looks fantastic Pete
Jonesey
Hi chris,
Hope your well mate now thanks for the comment not been on here for a while been busy with rallies and that now spending most of evenings in shed lol.

pistolpete61
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Posts : 118
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 55
Location : Chelmsford Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by Lewis MacRae on Sun Nov 24 2013, 18:33

matt86 wrote:
Lewis MacRae wrote:That is really good, when I get round to restoring my chore boy this winter I'm going to build an original truck for it.

Getting back to your truck, how long did it take to make the wheels?
lewis this truck is not one for a choreboy ... i have got plans for a choreboy truck in my head its a wheelbarrow type .

matt

Hi Matt, just saw this!!!!

I know this isn't for a chore boy, I was just saying. I'm going to build the 4 wheeled steerable one for a chore boy.

_________________
Lewis lol! , x2 Lister D, x1 IHC LAA, x1 Lister L, x1 Wolseley WDII, x1 Amanco Chore Boy, x1 Fairbanks Morse Z 3 HP, x1 Crossley 1030?

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Inverness, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Mule Team Truck

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:55


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum