www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

stationaryengineparts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stationaryengineparts

Post by gerrybongo on Fri Jan 24 2014, 22:57

Have many members used this company very much (stationaryengineparts)  , I would like to hear comments to compare your experience to my experience recently .

gerrybongo
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Re: stationaryengineparts

Post by Lewis MacRae on Fri Jan 24 2014, 23:08

Its an Ok company, its a wee bit over priced and I don't think the parts or well machined or casted as its Indian copies.

Lewis MacRae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gerrybongo on Sat Jan 25 2014, 02:14

Thanks for your reply , I agree about the prices but if you need it !! , I just found them not very customer service orientated as though it was something alien . ive just got loads off them , so thought I would query the price of a book I paid direct off them as its £3 cheaper via e@ay from them its not a lot of £ , but same book , same company , same p-pal payment , But i got a strange odd response very annoying ,offered me a 26p refund faffed and faffed around about price structures every excuse about the price mainly 1st + 2nd post , so I gave up and said just refund me , I expected it delivered 1st or 2nd lol not still faffing saying a lot meaning nothing , I don't think it was intentional it was as though they know no different . O well we live and learn , It was far more bizarre + weird this is a condensed version , Just wondered if I got mr.(@@@@@) on a off day or so mmm .

gerrybongo
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn on Sat Jan 25 2014, 13:17

they are a little pricy at times on certain items and as lewis says alot of castings are reproduced in india  Rolling Eyes 
but if we need it and nothing else around from else were then what can we do ,if they have we have buy sometimes
but all we do is search the web and compair prices or availablity and get what we can
there is plenty of items of theres ive compaired and there price is within pennys of direct from the manufactures,or even cheaper sometimes to, so its swings and roundabouts with them really
shipping they are always within a 2-3 day from payment to door for me mate
but we always find we have off days ,so maybe you fell on a bad one there  Shocked 
kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman on Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:49

don't buy their paint, its crap lol

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.

blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gerrybongo on Sun Jan 26 2014, 03:13

LOL TO LATE just got a tin

gerrybongo
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY on Sun Jan 26 2014, 08:03

Same here not impressed with the paint
Jonesey

JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bamfordlad on Mon Jan 27 2014, 16:57

gerrybongo wrote:Thanks for your reply , I agree about the prices but if you need it !! , I just found them not very customer service orientated as though it was something alien . ive just got loads off them , so thought I would query the price of a book I paid direct off them as its £3 cheaper via e@ay from them its not a lot of £ , but same book , same company , same p-pal payment , But i got a strange odd response very annoying ,offered me a 26p refund faffed and faffed around about price structures every excuse about the price mainly 1st + 2nd post , so I gave up and said just refund me , I expected it delivered 1st or 2nd lol not still faffing saying a lot meaning nothing , I don't think it was intentional it was as though they know no different . O well we live and learn , It was far more bizarre + weird this is a condensed version , Just wondered if I got mr.(@@@@@) on a off day or so mmm .    

The only reason the books are cheaper on ebay is that they have had to reduce them to the recommended price since Internalfire entered the ebay scene about 2.1/2 years ago. Other sellers on ebay are still trying to sell at inflated prices without success.

I have heard from several people who have had a bad experience with SEP especially his customer service skills which appear to be non-existent. When stuff is delivered damaged, he states that you must have damaged it as it was perfect when posted.

Bamfordlad
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

sep

Post by mecman on Tue Feb 04 2014, 23:45

Hi mecman here
Ive dealt with sep in the past and found them ok ish.They advertise a PH2 oil filter at £8-28 got one at my local motor factors for £3-20,big diff percentage wise pays to look around but if your stuck i suppose sometimes you have to bite the bullet.
Norm. Cool 

mecman
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Wed Feb 05 2014, 11:52

well said boys, he's ok, but pricey. paint is shit...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 22:17

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top