www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

stationaryengineparts

+8
mike d
mecman
Bamfordlad
JONESEY
blackvanman
kevjhnsn
Lewis MacRae
gerrybongo
12 posters

Go down

stationaryengineparts Empty stationaryengineparts

Post by gerrybongo Fri Jan 24 2014, 22:57

Have many members used this company very much (stationaryengineparts)  , I would like to hear comments to compare your experience to my experience recently .

gerrybongo
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

stationaryengineparts Empty Re: stationaryengineparts

Post by Lewis MacRae Fri Jan 24 2014, 23:08

Its an Ok company, its a wee bit over priced and I don't think the parts or well machined or casted as its Indian copies.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gerrybongo Sat Jan 25 2014, 02:14

Thanks for your reply , I agree about the prices but if you need it !! , I just found them not very customer service orientated as though it was something alien . ive just got loads off them , so thought I would query the price of a book I paid direct off them as its £3 cheaper via e@ay from them its not a lot of £ , but same book , same company , same p-pal payment , But i got a strange odd response very annoying ,offered me a 26p refund faffed and faffed around about price structures every excuse about the price mainly 1st + 2nd post , so I gave up and said just refund me , I expected it delivered 1st or 2nd lol not still faffing saying a lot meaning nothing , I don't think it was intentional it was as though they know no different . O well we live and learn , It was far more bizarre + weird this is a condensed version , Just wondered if I got mr.(@@@@@) on a off day or so mmm .

gerrybongo
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jan 25 2014, 13:17

they are a little pricy at times on certain items and as lewis says alot of castings are reproduced in india  Rolling Eyes 
but if we need it and nothing else around from else were then what can we do ,if they have we have buy sometimes
but all we do is search the web and compair prices or availablity and get what we can
there is plenty of items of theres ive compaired and there price is within pennys of direct from the manufactures,or even cheaper sometimes to, so its swings and roundabouts with them really
shipping they are always within a 2-3 day from payment to door for me mate
but we always find we have off days ,so maybe you fell on a bad one there  Shocked 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:49

don't buy their paint, its crap lol

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.
blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gerrybongo Sun Jan 26 2014, 03:13

LOL TO LATE just got a tin

gerrybongo
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Sun Jan 26 2014, 08:03

Same here not impressed with the paint
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bamfordlad Mon Jan 27 2014, 16:57

gerrybongo wrote:Thanks for your reply , I agree about the prices but if you need it !! , I just found them not very customer service orientated as though it was something alien . ive just got loads off them , so thought I would query the price of a book I paid direct off them as its £3 cheaper via e@ay from them its not a lot of £ , but same book , same company , same p-pal payment , But i got a strange odd response very annoying ,offered me a 26p refund faffed and faffed around about price structures every excuse about the price mainly 1st + 2nd post , so I gave up and said just refund me , I expected it delivered 1st or 2nd lol not still faffing saying a lot meaning nothing , I don't think it was intentional it was as though they know no different . O well we live and learn , It was far more bizarre + weird this is a condensed version , Just wondered if I got mr.(@@@@@) on a off day or so mmm .    

The only reason the books are cheaper on ebay is that they have had to reduce them to the recommended price since Internalfire entered the ebay scene about 2.1/2 years ago. Other sellers on ebay are still trying to sell at inflated prices without success.

I have heard from several people who have had a bad experience with SEP especially his customer service skills which appear to be non-existent. When stuff is delivered damaged, he states that you must have damaged it as it was perfect when posted.

Bamfordlad
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

stationaryengineparts Empty sep

Post by mecman Tue Feb 04 2014, 23:45

Hi mecman here
Ive dealt with sep in the past and found them ok ish.They advertise a PH2 oil filter at £8-28 got one at my local motor factors for £3-20,big diff percentage wise pays to look around but if your stuck i suppose sometimes you have to bite the bullet.
Norm. Cool 
mecman
mecman
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Wed Feb 05 2014, 11:52

well said boys, he's ok, but pricey. paint is shit...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DaiCap Fri Aug 21 2020, 23:06

reading the replies and see they are all 2014 so a little old. I have used sep a few times and so far they have been very good. Ok some things do cost more like a condenser I can get the same in local motor factor for a lot less and it looks the same manufacturer but being realistic if you look enough you will always find cheaper but some times you want to get the job done and not wait three weeks for an item to arrive when sep gets it to you in a day or two. I cant comment on the paint I used a better paint recommended on here and that worked out brilliant but did pay a lot more for it. To me I would rather pay more for a quality paint and know the job is well done than safe £5 and not sleep at night because it all needs doing again Embarassed
But saying that, my engine is 1940 and I often think what sort of life it had and who looked after it. All we can do is our best and keep them alive for the next generation or the generation after them, and by then they wont know what oil is and never get their hands dirty. Sorry for a friday moan Laughing
DaiCap
DaiCap
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Garak Sun Aug 23 2020, 11:23

My experience with SEP.

I have used this company many times to purchase engine spares but mainly for paint, and as some have said, properly paid a little more than elsewere. The last purchase from them was a one litre tin of engine enamel for a Fairbanks engine. I had painted a fair amount of engine parts and had closed the workshop for the night. On my return the next day I noticed that the painted parts did not seem to be drying as usual. After I had given the parts a further 24hrs the paint had not even started to dry so I contacted SEP (Paragon Paints) and after an investigation by them they informed me that while mixing my batch of paint they had omitted to include the 'drying' element to the paint and was told it would never dry.

After some back and forth they agreed to send me a replacement tin of paint and some rags and some thinners so that I could remove the un-dried paint. I spent a considerable amount of time fully removing the bad, un-dried paint, then I re-coated with the replacement which dried normally.

Afterwards I again spoke to SEP (Paragon Paints) and asked that due to the hassle and time spent initially painting, then removing the bad paint, then re-priming and re-painting that, at my next purchase of a Litre of paint they would, as a gesture of good will send me that paint free of charge but they refused. They must have thought that a few rags and a small bottle of thinners was compensation for my time and effort to rectify their admitted error in the manufacture of this paint.

I have not used them since.
Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun Aug 23 2020, 11:41

Having never used them before I've just looked at their web site, I find it amusing that the Lister exhausts are Nickel plated, it must be a pig of a job rubbing the surface up to get the black heat proof paint on and then the plating peels off from the heat cycles. I doubt I would use them, I make my parts if I cant find them.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by phil1964 Sat Jan 16 2021, 19:20

gerrybongo wrote:Have many members used this company very much (stationaryengineparts)  , I would like to hear comments to compare your experience to my experience recently .
I have bought some parts for my lister d I'm in the process of restoring i bought a few items but got a
problem with a big end bush which doesn't fit my crank pin now i have installed it in the conrod.as anyone else
had any problem with bushes from them.

phil1964
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum