www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Stuart Turner genset

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuart Turner genset

Post by Locknut on Sun Jan 26 2014, 13:08

Hi All,
I am trying to restore a Stuart Turner R2Y gen set but am having problems with the electrics- mainly because I don't know anything about electrics!
Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the set and/or know anyone in the South West( I am in South Devon) who rewires/services gen sets?
The details are :- watts 300,volts 12/18, amps 25/16, dynamo 24v081, rpm 1500 ,switch board 1685.
I think the set dates to the start of WW2.
Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kev.

Locknut
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuart Turner genset

Post by StewartH on Wed Jan 29 2014, 10:04

Hello Kev - I can't help you with knowing someone local to service the Genset but if you are starting to dabble with electrics i can really recommend UGLYS Electrical reference book - its a small ring bound book full of every explanation for every electrical situation you may find yourself in - and its written for the layman - I'm a mechanical man myself and the electric side of things is deemed to be the work of Beelzebub himself - but this reference proved very useful - you can find a thread on this forum for it and there is a link to a website that shows you a few pages so you can see what you are getting before you buy - and its pretty cheap.

And before you ask - no I don't get royalties Smile

Hope it helps start you on the right road anyway!

Best

Hamish

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Locknut on Thu Jan 30 2014, 13:49

Hi Hamish,
Thanks for that information,that book sounds interesting and I will certainly look it up.I agree with you that electrics are indeed the work of Beelzebub - and you never know if I am not careful I may well join him!
I had thought that to get the electrics working I would just have to renew a few wires but on taking the back off I quickly realised that I am completely out of my depth!Hence my appeal for help.Kev.

Locknut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 04:05

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top