www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers Diesel engine?

5 posters

Go down

Villiers Diesel engine? Empty Villiers Diesel engine?

Post by Gubble1234 Sun Feb 16 2014, 22:11

I was looking on eBay for my next project when I have finished my Mk 20 and Mk 40, and I found this. I was a bit confused, as I couldnt find anything about it online, and I thought Villiers only made petrol engines. I can't quite make out the model number either on the plate, B415?

w ww.ebay.co.uk/itm/villiers-diesel-stationary-engine-/191073217634?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item2c7cd9ec62

(Can't post links properly for 7 days)

Im still going to buy it though I think. I like the idea of a mystery!  Smile 

If anyone has any idea what this is, and have any information about it, please let me know!

Thanks,
Chris

Gubble1234
A true Stationary engine owner

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124784028@N05/

Back to top Go down

Villiers Diesel engine? Empty Re: Villiers Diesel engine?

Post by Lewis MacRae Sun Feb 16 2014, 22:25

Hi chris, if i'm reading the plate right, it looks like a d 415. dosent really mean a lot to me but I think kevjhnsn would be your man for the job!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gubble1234 Sun Feb 16 2014, 22:34

Ah, D415. No wonder I couldnt find any info!

Thanks!

Gubble1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Sun Feb 16 2014, 22:57

I had one Myself, I sold it to Kev Johnson. Rob (VILLIERS) also has one. Looks complete apart from the exhaust, and has a reduction box as well. They were the larger of the Villiers/JAP diesel's, the D270 was the other, and can be a little noisy (oh yes, blooming LOUD  Shocked ) and not that common on the rallyfield (for that very reason) but have a certain charm. Some were fitted to truck mounted cement mixers to drive the drum, they often had a fiberglass cover fitted for sound deadening. Usually sell for good money though.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gubble1234 Sun Feb 16 2014, 23:05

Ah, thanks Pete. I'm guessing I wont get it for near the start price then, haha.

Do you know if there is anywhere to get parts for them? If the parts are going to be too expensive or too rare, I might not be able to buy it (still at school so I don't have all that much money).

Gonna cost a lot to ship it up to Newcastle too I bet!

It does look very nice though...

Gubble1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Mon Feb 17 2014, 08:10

One of these???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have got the hand book somewhere for it.
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Mon Feb 17 2014, 10:44

Gubble1234 wrote:Ah, thanks Pete. I'm guessing I wont get it for near the start price then, haha.

Do you know if there is anywhere to get parts for them? If the parts are going to be too expensive or too rare, I might not be able to buy it (still at school so I don't have all that much money).

Gonna cost a lot to ship it up to Newcastle too I bet!

It does look very nice though...

Parts are virtually non existent, even things like fuel and oil filter's, there were not many produced to start with as the engine was not a big success anyway! I think that most were scrapped which makes the survivor's more desirable I imagine, and (again guessing) I would say around £60 for delivery to the North East? Not want you wanted to hear I know, but that is my take on it. Wink 

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gubble1234 Mon Feb 17 2014, 19:09

Well, done the maths, would cost about £160 in fuel for me to go pick it up! Sad

The guy doesn't seem to want to package it up, so I don't think I can get it shipped.

It's a shame I don't know anyone in Bournemouth that would be willing to pick it up and package it for delivery.

Gubble1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Gubble1234 Mon Feb 17 2014, 20:32

Well, done some more searching, cheapest delivery would be less than £40!

Looks like I might be able to have a go at it, providing it doesn't get too expensive.

Gubble1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Mon Feb 17 2014, 20:37

It says no exhaust and fuel tank, it is also missing the cowl round the cylinder, the cover off the injector, cover off the pump and as the fuel tank is mounted in the base then the base. I don't reckon you will EVER find those bits unless you find a "scrapper" and get the parts.

Sell you mine....
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gubble1234 Mon Feb 17 2014, 23:46

Villiers wrote:It says no exhaust and fuel tank, it is also missing the cowl round the cylinder, the cover off the injector, cover off the pump and as the fuel tank is mounted in the base then the base. I don't reckon you will EVER find those bits unless you find a "scrapper" and get the parts.

Sell you mine....

Hmm, yeah. If I cant get parts, it's probably not a good idea to buy it.

Just spoken to the seller again anyway, he still won't put it on a pallet. Sad

You're selling one? And you have the book somewhere? I have contacted several people who stock the manuals for old engines and machinery, and they don't have one!

If you're selling one, how much? Very Happy

Gubble1234

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Feb 18 2014, 01:14

i am a little concerned about the missing fuel tank so went to have a look ebay
and yes the biggest issue for this engine is that the bottom of the engine is the  fuel tank ,but worst of all also the sump oil collection tank
so the engine will of been starved of oil as its a pressurized oil feed system through pipes ,pump, filter, and filter pot holds aprox 1 1/2pints
when i rebuilt my d415 and filled it up to full mark ,then primmed and  bleed the oil system after doing so it need 2 1/4pints more oil
and this dropped it from the filler neck to below the sump bottom as in ebay listing down into the sump in fuel tank,heres a pic of sump missing on listing ,from one of the 2 i had and maybe from the d215 ,but only 2" deeper for more oil and fuel for the extra 145cc of the bigger d415
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
this is sump ,its bigger than the opening size and just remembered it holds 6 of the 8 pints of oil in there ,with 2" of settling area for engine gunk to sit below the bottom of gauze strainer on pick up pipe before entering the main oil filter pump and so on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
this pic shows engine with fuel/oil tank removed see the cylinder on left thats filled with oil for the filter when running ,and drains back to sump 50 to 95% % when stopped again depends on angle of standing ect

but the injector cover is not a big job  on this one as they did 3 rocker cover tops curved one piece alloy cast  square ended over injector alloy cast and this just had a square tin box over injector ,so would be a easy bit to make
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Tue Feb 18 2014, 07:34

Liking the second photo down Kev, someone is very luck...
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21 2014, 14:27

If Villiers look like the 2nd piccy then I want 2 of them !!!! Very Happy Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Fri Feb 21 2014, 14:51

[quote="janner"]If Villiers look like the 2nd piccy then I want 2 of them !!!! Very Happy Very Happy [/quote]

2, really?? Twice the pain and grief????

But then again.....
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21 2014, 15:34

Villiers wrote:
janner wrote:If Villiers look like the 2nd piccy then I want 2 of them !!!! Very Happy Very Happy 

2, really?? Twice the pain and grief????

But then again.....

Twice the fun too  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Feb 22 2014, 00:54

well if you like 2 of them ,they made a D270 269.5cc and the D415 so little and large in the collection
but they to me aint the most interesting looking diesels of there time to look at
i had one of each model ,but still have a D270 waiting in a corner for some parts to finish it off
well i know were the parts are and how much ect just getting the man to dig them out and ship them ,well 4 months for the d415 ,by the time he was ready to send and request the money i had found another engine used it to make the best from 2 and got running again ,stock it in the shed and when i got bored i desided to sell it and the winner took over a month to collect it ,then he was ready to post parts to me lol
so he was told the post it some were and not a letter box Very Happy as found out from others he was a waiste of time and parts ,he says he has over 90% of the engine parts all in the stillages they were in from factory about 200 piston sets and so on , but hes asking stupid money for them as theres not many engines left , so i said to him ,think you need to lower the prices as i here of 3-5 a year going to the scrapperman asfor me forwarding you details would be a waiste of time as you want more for a exhurst or a filter,rocker cover ect ect than the value of them running
exhurst delivered £120 ,oil filter £65, fuel filter £80
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gubble1234 Sat Feb 22 2014, 11:30

Wow, very expensive parts! I think I will get one with all the parts there, if I do get one. I think I have found the one I want, I just need to save up for it! Smile

Gubble1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down