www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister L fuel/oil pump

2 posters

Go down

Lister L fuel/oil pump Empty Lister L fuel/oil pump

Post by 0161petterm Wed Apr 09 2014, 21:36

Hello, i have been trying to stop a leak on the fuel side of the pump on my 1918 Lister L , i have tried various ideas none of which seem to work. I have just purchased another pump of ebay but it is different to the original one and i think it is off a newer model, this pump has brass plungers that are hollow underneath with a spring and ball bearing it would appear that the original springs have been taken out as one is missing and the other is way to short. Could anyone tell me what size springs should be in them ? and where to get replacements? and what would you use instead of the asbestos string as you can't buy it now? cheers Paul. Question 

0161petterm

Back to top Go down

Lister L fuel/oil pump Empty Re: Lister L fuel/oil pump

Post by oliver Wed Apr 09 2014, 23:00

is the plunger worn these pumps can wear very badly on the fuel side ,as it is not as well lubricated as the oil side .if the plunger is worn then it is best to get a local machinist to make a new one .they are simple to make just a piece of brass bar and i use ordinary gland packing from a local plummers merchents

oliver
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Lister L fuel/oil pump Empty Plungers

Post by 0161petterm Thu Apr 10 2014, 14:25

oliver wrote:is the plunger worn these pumps can wear very badly on the fuel side ,as it is not as well lubricated as the oil side .if the plunger is worn then it is best to get a local machinist to make a new one .they are simple to make just a piece of brass bar and i use ordinary gland packing from a local plummers merchents
The plungers seem ok, it has the usual asbestos string around them, as i say the trouble with the new pump when it arrived there are no springs in it , if anyone can tell me what size the springs should be i would be grateful

0161petterm

Back to top Go down

Lister L fuel/oil pump Empty Re: Lister L fuel/oil pump

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down