www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers F15 parts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Villiers F15 parts

Post by Jev on Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:47

Hi all. I dabble with a couple of old engines.
One is a 70? year old Ransomes Sims and Jeffries Rolling machine, utilising a 4 cyclinder Ford sidevalve engine - used by my local cricket club. No oil filter, no water pump, no air filter..... try that on a modern car!

Now my question - where can I get a picture and parts list for the Villiers F15? I have opened up the case around the drive shaft and the smaller cog with 2 weights attached - part of the governer system I think - needs replacing and so does the governer pin which is bent and probably the reason one of the weights on the plastic cog has snapped off.
This was connected to a generator which I have and is in good working order with a switch between 110volt and 240volt and a single 3 pin plug socket.

Many thanks to anyone that can help identify the parts and maybe suggest where I could buy them?

Jev
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Re: Villiers F15 parts

Post by Foden on Sun Apr 20 2014, 15:54

Hi Jev, I imagine that the part is the same as fitted to the later C12 sidevalve Villiers engines. I had a plastic one break up on my C12 Villiers and replaced it with the earlier metal type from a MK 12 sidevalve, however if forum member Kev Johnson sees this post he may well have a spare as he has loads of Villiers stuff. If you Google 'VILLIERSPARTS' George Shead could possibly provide a new one, but I would wait and see if Kev has something first.

Pete.

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abelw44 on Thu May 08 2014, 14:52

Hi Jev,

I have a Villiers F15 engine that you're welcome to have some parts from if you'd like!

Thanks,
Abel

Abelw44
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Jev on Thu May 08 2014, 19:37

Thanks for the offer, but given up on the Villiers and now acquired a JAP Model 5 - more power for the huge mower it needs to run and already has a suitable clutch fitting. Just waiting for new bottom end and top end bearings.... and perhaps a gasket set.... any advice on who can supply is welcome.

Jev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 16:29

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top