www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Any clues?

5 posters

Go down

Any clues? Empty Any clues?

Post by Squeekinman Tue Apr 22 2014, 21:32

Just purchased Wolseley WD2 for complete restoration - where can I get - piston rings - big end bearings - small end bearings - exhaust pipe ------------ Stationary engine parts have limited parts - thanks for any info!
Squeekinman
Squeekinman
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

http://graham@gjwade.com

Back to top Go down

Any clues? Empty Re: Any clues?

Post by callum12 Sun Apr 27 2014, 00:15

the best thing to do is to keep an eye out on ebay ect. you will also find the auto jumble section at rallies can be helpful. If you still can't get the bits you want you can buy another WD2 that is spares or repairs and use it as a donor engine Frost damaged engines are good for this as they may have been damaged early on in the working life thus sustaining minimal wear. one of my friends found a Lister D that had a crack running all through the water hopper but the parts were all so good as in hardly worn. (except the head) so we think it was still new (ish) when it was damaged and never repaired.

hope this helps

Callum

A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Any clues? Empty any clues?

Post by Squeekinman Sun Apr 27 2014, 22:34

Hi Callum - many thanks for your reply and advice - will keep an eye open - I just wondered if there was a valuable source of 'off the shelve spares' ------------ plenty of rallies coming up - will keep looking!

Best regards - Graham.
Squeekinman
Squeekinman
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Bamfordlad Mon Apr 28 2014, 21:38

Squeekinman wrote:Just purchased Wolseley WD2 for complete restoration - where can I get - piston rings(Cox & Turner) - big end bearings(Scrap engine)- small end bearings(make your own using Phosphor Bronze) - exhaust pipe(Rattlenackers on ebay) ------------  Stationary engine parts (you have money to burn using them) have limited parts - thanks for any info!

Bamfordlad
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Tue Apr 29 2014, 20:09

Squeekinman wrote:Just purchased Wolseley WD2 for complete restoration - where can I get - piston rings - big end bearings - small end bearings - exhaust pipe ------------  Stationary engine parts have limited parts - thanks for any info!

Check out this link on the IF website, guy breaking a couple of WD2 engines for spares, he might have all the bits you want.

http://www.internalfire.com/phpbb/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4418

Oh, and this thread would have been better under "WANTED", its taken me some time to find it again.........

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeekinman Tue Apr 29 2014, 21:52

Hi Blue Cat - thanks for the info - I have now stripped it right down and fortuately the bearings appear to be ok - but will replace the rings though!

Best regards - Graham
Squeekinman
Squeekinman
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri May 02 2014, 01:30

hi there
piston and rings fron a lister D or a ruston pt/pb will fit, and be piston will be a little lower in compression as wd2 has a larger crown on it
but it does the job and are availabuole daily of fleebay usually with a new geodgeon pin ,and the bush from a lister d will be right inside but outside diameter ?? but you maybe looky and its spot on or its half made for you
standard size  lister d piston and ring sets are 3" bore then its 3.010-3.020 and 3.040 there is a 3.030"but are scarse to find
rattle knackers on fleebay makes a stainless wd11 look alike exhurst
but there is a guy "kenny" im crap with names  Embarassed up in scotland that has many maany wolseleys and parts for sale bill pearves is mates with him
and hes wrote or help write the wolseley book and he has a forum ,think it was called the wolseleyengine forum.co.uk ,will see if i can find a link for you mate as he will help you if he can i think hes a lovly guy as see him every year at a local rally to me 

kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeekinman Fri May 02 2014, 19:42

Hi Kev - thanks for the info - but on further investigation, I think I shall be OK with the original bits - I think I was possibly jumping the gun a bit, it doesn't look to bad - will log your info just in case!
Best regards - Graham.
Squeekinman
Squeekinman
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down