www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister domestic pump, Dating

5 posters

Go down

Lister domestic pump, Dating Empty Lister domestic pump, Dating

Post by Simonj Mon May 12 2014, 12:27

Hi all
I have aquired a Lister domestic pump and would like to know its age, I have searched but not been able to find anything. The brass plate is still on in (I will post the numbers when I get home) there is a Lister electric motor on it (motor made by Hoover).

Any help would be appreciate.

Simon

Simonj
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Lister domestic pump, Dating Empty Re: Lister domestic pump, Dating

Post by blue cat Mon May 12 2014, 20:11

Very difficult to date these, but general guide from the late 1940's until yesterday.
Yep, that's right, they are still being made if you've the odd £1000 or so spare.....

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonj Tue May 13 2014, 13:34

blue cat wrote:Very difficult to date these, but general guide from the late 1940's until yesterday.
Yep, that's right, they are still being made if you've the odd £1000 or so spare.....
So it's somewhere between 0 years and 70 years old lol, I'll just say it's old!!!

Thanks

Simon

Simonj
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by callum12 Sat May 24 2014, 18:27

I know that they use pressed aluminium spec plates now, so a brass spec plate means that its not one of the newer ones.

A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH Tue Aug 12 2014, 12:42

Good question Simon - www.listerdwaterpump.co.uk seem to be the people making them now - i have never approached them but they might be able to help if they have any old records from the original factory....

Apart from that link does anybody know of any good resource on how to identify the different models and variations of the lister domestic water pump? its pretty common i know and it seems they had a few design changes over the years - I have a chance to buy one locally and it has what looks like an air hose connction on the crankshaft end I am trying to work out why - I'll post a few pics in a day or so if i can get my grubby hands on it -

and yes - for those that know me - i have still not got an engine project but it looks like I have a pump!

best

Hamsih
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Tue Aug 12 2014, 18:16

Can always try flowers and chocolates....
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH Wed Aug 13 2014, 10:47

Hahahahah - yup - you're not too far from the truth - it may just come to that Smile

or perhaps I should lower my expectations of finding an M type Apple top in oily rag clothing for a fiver in the street next door!

I have a neighbour who is slowly restoring a Lister D one of the forum members (Ben) was kind enough to donate as their shed was torched by oiks so that keeps me occupied but having just put up a new shed I need something to fill it.... the hunt continues...

StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down