www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers WX11 hopper removal.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Villiers WX11 hopper removal.

Post by piston ring on Tue Jun 10 2014, 15:28

Hi,
I am having trouble removing the hopper on my WX11. THe nuts or bolt heads have been cleaned around with a wire brush and Left soaking in Plus Gas for over a day. They won't budge even with trying to shock them free with a hammer on the socket. Any ideas ?
Thanks.

piston ring
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Re: Villiers WX11 hopper removal.

Post by kevjhnsn on Wed Jun 11 2014, 21:50

piston ring wrote:Hi,
I am having trouble removing the hopper on my WX11. THe nuts or bolt heads have been cleaned around with a wire brush and Left soaking in Plus Gas for over a day. They won't budge even with trying to shock them free with a hammer on the socket. Any ideas ?
Thanks.
hi there
im thinking yours is the 4 bolt hooper not the early one bolt type
if its a alloy head one then take your time as studs will be likly to be solid in rust and alloy corrosion making the studs bite in solid
if its the brass head then it will not be so bad ,and take more greaf, but still sounding like studs well stuck into cast block
so if the nuts are steel and caped end type drill a small hole hole in the top of caps and squrt in some soaking oil or diesel and parafin mixture with a little old engine oil ,and leave for a few days to get working in, also keep giving the nuts a tickle with a hammer and a hard wood or alloy lump like punch, try adding some blowlamp heat to each nut and then hitting them and adding more soaking oil down threads, and then when you want to try cracking them off again with a good tight socket and extensions, give the stud some heat treatment before sticking socket on and giving it a try, if it moves then dont go mad and get it stuck, just keep going loosen/tighten again and so on and work the rust and oil down the treads ,
thats the way i always get a good result without the snap and skinned knucklesĀ 
kev

kevjhnsn
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top