www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Petter W1H Piston

2 posters

Go down

Petter W1H Piston Empty Petter W1H Piston

Post by Rad Sun Jun 15 2014, 07:46

Hi Guys!
           I am in the process of restoring  a Petter W1H engine. Before removing the head and barrel the engine would run with some oil added around the piston but had very high crankcase pressure. I was surprised to find the cylinder in good condition,but the piston had signs of been cleaned up with emery cloth or similar. I suspect that this was a seized motor from standing and the wrong piston has been added. The cylinder barrel is 85mm (3.3315") the piston 84.95mm (3.32") giving about .007 thou piston clearance which seems a bit excessive to me. Basically this engine looks identical to the the Petter A1 with a water hopper on top, but the A1 has a different size bore of 3.149". So does anyone know of any other Petter model that uses the 85mm (3.3315") bore so that I can source a replacement piston as I can't find any specs for the W1H. Any info will be appreciated.
                                                                                                        Cheers,  Rad.

Rad

Back to top Go down

Petter W1H Piston Empty Re: Petter W1H Piston

Post by blue cat Sun Jun 15 2014, 20:41

I have an alloy piston from a Petter A1. It is 3.325" diameter. Send me a message if you are interested in it.
Used alloy pistons nearly always show some vertical score marks on the piston sides.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down