Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister identification help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lister identification help

Post by koshy on Sat Jul 12 2014, 09:46

Hello there. I'm new to this forum, and I'd really appreciate some help.

Recently my grandfather gave me a large Lister diesel engine, used in the shearing shed on his property, years before he bought the place. I've always been interested in these marvellous machines but I have no knowledge of engine mechanics. I would really like some help identifying the engine. Due to the position of the engine in the shed and the lighting conditions, I cannot see some of the details. I'll try and attach some photographs. I looked up the patent number and it dated to 1928.

The flywheels are seized which is quite disappointing. I would really like to get this going.

Back to top Go down

Re: Lister identification help

Post by NoelA on Sat Jul 12 2014, 18:01

I couldn't see the image.

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Villiers on Sat Jul 12 2014, 18:58

That is a C/S Lister, what size it is I don't know but I would guess as a 5/1 or a 6/1 these are the more common size and are in fact the same engine just different running speeds. There should be a brass plate round the back under all the grime on the inspection cover with the engine number, Spec number and maybe hp.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:57

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top