www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

how to adjust jap 2a valve clearance?

2 posters

Go down

how to adjust jap 2a valve clearance? Empty how to adjust jap 2a valve clearance?

Post by callum12 Fri Aug 15 2014, 23:23

hi all,
I've been working on the JAP some more, i've spent about 2 hours grinding in the exhaust valve (could have done with cutting really).
the valve clearance will definitely need resetting now but how?? the only way i see is to take a file to the end of the valve stem??
thanks for the help,
regards
callum Very Happy 

A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

how to adjust jap 2a valve clearance? Empty Re: how to adjust jap 2a valve clearance?

Post by Appletop Sat Aug 16 2014, 08:31

If you haven't got the nut and bolt arrangement then a file to the stem is how it's done, if you take to much off then you need to grind more valve itself. Never had a 2A so this is an educated guess...
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

how to adjust jap 2a valve clearance? Empty Re: how to adjust jap 2a valve clearance?

Post by callum12 Sat Aug 16 2014, 18:34

thanks, thats the only way that i can see how you could do it. if thats the case then the valves have never been re set.
thanks again,
callum

A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down