www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Coil Winding Services Ireland

Go down

Coil Winding Services Ireland Empty Coil Winding Services Ireland

Post by Rusty old Iron Sun Nov 09 2014, 18:01

Hi All
I would like to introduce my business to you.
I used to wind ignition coils many years ago and I have been looking at the prices of getting coils wound and was a bit shocked to see the pieces being quoted !!!
I still have most of my equipment to wind coils (Douglas No. 6 automatic coil winders, vacuum tanks etc, etc)
I to am into stationary engines I have two Lister D, one that works for a living, a 1939 CS/3 gen set, a Lauson H2 oil test engine and a Lister TR2 that runs the household, several BSA gen sets and an unused Mag single cylinder.
I was thinking that €32 plus postage for a fixed coil would be a good price. These would be the likes of SR1, RS1 the ones wound directly on the iron core. Flywheel coils can be a pain as the coil former tends to collapse so would need a new former tube and for a piece of cardboard tube, this gets expensive. Rotating coils are more expensive as they are a pain in the bum to do!!!
My coils are wound with G2 wire and interleaved with craft transformer paper 2 thou thick and vacuum impregnated then coated with several coats of solvent varnish to give a good finish they are also serial numbered.
I will also be able to offer a re-magnetizing service soon as I am restoring my magnetizer that I hugely over engineered from the Lucas factory manual . This is a brute of a machine and has to be dismantled to be moved. This runs at 400-500 volts.
The draw back to all this is that I live in the west of Ireland, County Roscommon to be exact and payments must be in euros.
I hope I can help to keep our old iron running.
I have set up a facebook page:- Coil Winding Services Ireland, Where I have put up some pictures of my set up so far, much more to do yet !!!
Thanks
Simon

Rusty old Iron
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down