www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers MK25 Paint Job

3 posters

Go down

Villiers MK25 Paint Job Empty Villiers MK25 Paint Job

Post by chiefy Tue Dec 23 2014, 14:43

This is my first engine the paint is pretty ropey,at the moment the crankcase and tinware are a darkish green no paint on barrel fins ally head,it says V engine on sump it also has Zenith carb so is a high speed engine.I cant find any engine numbers and it has been suggested that it is a WD engine.Can anyone suggest a colour scheme,also which paint and do I use aerosol or brush. Question Question .

chiefy
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Villiers MK25 Paint Job Empty Re: Villiers MK25 Paint Job

Post by Woodsman Tue Dec 23 2014, 16:17

Hi Chiefy,

Just working on a MK25 myself at the moment - see my other post:

http://www.stationaryengineforum.net/t8533-villiers-mk25

Mine has a second plate on the cowl which Foden helpful said identified it as an Air Ministry and has a Villiers carburetter.  Mine seems to be in Air Force colours - Azure blue I think.  

Yours could be the original Villiers green - RAL 6001 from RAL Classic range is close. My local car paint shop quoted me twelve quid for a large aerosol.  In the end, I just picked something close off the shelf. As for primer,  Screwfix No Nonsense Red Oxide is good IMHO. I use a brush for primer rubbed down with scotch-brite, or similar pad, between coats. Post some pictures if you get a chance.

Almost forgot - my MK25 is missing the tank. Could you please let me know dimensions i.e. diameter and length as I may have to get one fabricated if I can't find another.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefy Tue Jan 06 2015, 12:00

Hi Woodsman, Thanks for your reply to my MK25 paint job sorry for late reply iv been away over xmas and new year,I will have a look at RAL6001 and as you say get aclose match,when i said i do not have any engine numbers i do have numbers on tinwork but these say it is a MK20 but the crankcase has a brass plate rivetted on crankcase saying it is a MK25 the Villiers Expert on stationary engine says it is a uprated engine to MK25 high speed spec for the WD.The tank size on my 3 complete engines is 6 inch diameter x 12inch long,hope this is of help to you,Best Regards Chiefy.

chiefy
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jan 06 2015, 12:48

the only real difference from mk20 to a mk25 is nothing nothing in tin work casting carbs ect, it is only the size of the cylinder bore and piston, even the conrod is the same,
mk20 is 63mm bore 206cc
mk 25 is 70mm bore 256.5cc
hope this helps
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down