www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Suitable generator for Lister D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suitable generator for Lister D

Post by davebergie on Tue Feb 03 2015, 11:42

I have moved to Australia with my Lister D and I'd like to get a generator that it can run to give me some degree of backup 240V power. Does anyone have any suggestions for new, or old, reliable generators I can run with it? How much power could I expect from such a generator?

Thanks in advance,

David

davebergie

Back to top Go down

Re: Suitable generator for Lister D

Post by StewartH on Wed Feb 04 2015, 21:54

G'day David,

Unless the good folks here come up with a definitive answer on here I would think with low torque on the 'D' you'll manage to get a generator to light a few bulbs or a kettle... but what I wanted to point you toward are the electrical guides by Uglys - know as Uglys electrical reference's - www.uglys.net/ - its not a joke to send you to some diabolical site -and are a few $ but the references can take your horse power, pulley sizes, ambient operating temps, etc and point out max powers and turning torque required - and output of course - so a useful guide as you wander around looking for the ideal genny - of course you could do what I did - buy a load at car boot sales and online and chuck them on a flat belt until one worked better than the rest....it was a Villiers 12v thing with an inverter...

someone on here will know better I am sure

best

Hamish

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat on Thu Feb 05 2015, 19:02

Lister D normally drives 750 or 1000 watt generators.

blue cat
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by davebergie on Wed Feb 18 2015, 06:20

Thanks. Sorry for delay. Just seen this. Yes, it looks like it won't drive much, so I don't think I'll bother. Thanks for help, though!

davebergie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top