www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Fairbanks Morse Z B 5hp

3 posters

Go down

Fairbanks Morse Z B 5hp Empty Fairbanks Morse Z B 5hp

Post by KEVMOR1 Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:04

Hi all, you have a wonderfully forum here and I'm very pleased that I joined. Full of info. I have a 5hp Fairbanks and I'm trying to figure out what would be the best machine ( size etc.) for to match with my Fairbanks? Any suggestions ?
KEVMOR1
KEVMOR1

Back to top Go down

Fairbanks Morse Z B 5hp Empty Re: Fairbanks Morse Z B 5hp

Post by StewartH Tue Nov 03 2015, 11:31

5HP is a good healthy size - it all depends on what you want to do - you could move water over a few kms with a unit that size or pull it up from great depth. Or turn a medium sized old generator if you want a lighting plant - the world of belt driven kit is wide and varied so let us all know what your preference is and I'm sure you'll be given a few ideas - how about powering a belt driven workshop?? Smile

StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVMOR1 Sun Nov 08 2015, 09:22

Hi Stewarth, Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about matching the engine with a Saw bench, have you any idea where I would find one? With the engine being 5hp I'd like to match it with a fairly rebust machine, what do you think? Thanks again for your help.
Kev
KEVMOR1
KEVMOR1

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Sun Nov 08 2015, 16:05

Hi Kev and welcome. Have you seen these?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-miscellaneous-goods/ferguson-saw-bench-with-pulley-belt/1141027155

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-Saw-Bench-project-or-parts-/191732159978?hash=item2ca42095ea

Best of luck. Post some photos when you can

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down