www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lovely Paz1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lovely Paz1

Post by StewartH on Tue Dec 01 2015, 11:08

Greetings and festive greetings on top of that.

I'd like to take the chance to say a HUGE thank you to Audiobull - one of the flock based in the South who generously gave up not one but two old but perfectly formed PAZ1 engines to a young family whose lad, you may remember from a previous bouquet, had his shed burnt down with his prized engine collection inside (oiks were caught about 7 months ago trying to do the same to an ex soldiers house - they now wish they hadn't..)

He lost engines handed down the ages but with the thanks of Audiobull (not his real name...) he now has the delights of a diesel single cylinder to restore - all in all a valuable donation.

But I need your help. The agreement was to donate to this forum in return. Our wonderful webmasters tell me that currently there is no way to donate - but they have made the selfless suggestion to ask you lot reading this for a charity you'd like to see get a donation - I'm thinking £50 to a charity of your choice.... lets let this run and see if one particular name comes up otherwise it will be names in a hat!

So thanks to Audiobull for his engine and to the forum webmasters for the charity idea - 'tis the season to be jolly after all and these good people are shining examples!

Best to all

Hamish

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Lovely Paz1

Post by Woodsman on Tue Dec 01 2015, 11:29

Nice idea Hamish. Maybe a bit complex to organise so I'll just bung a few quid to our local hospice who looked after my late father in law. Well done for prompting a bit of seasonal charity.

Woodsman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH on Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:03

Woodsman. You're a gent. Let me clarify....

I owe a charity of this forums choice £50. This is what I'll throw in the bucket as I happily agreed for taking a free engine. Woodsman - thank you for feeling benevolent and that's a good thing but this is my commitment given the generosity of Audiobull. However never let me get in the way of charity....

Best

Hamish.

So if no one else shouts out your suggestion of a local hospice will be the winner.

Last edited by StewartH on Thu Dec 03 2015, 10:14; edited 1 time in total

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by rich07961 on Wed Dec 02 2015, 06:44

Hi Hamish,

I am not that much of a giver to charity's as a lot of monies are swallowed up in admin costs and such like, but may I suggest the donation goes direct to your local hospital children's ward or hospice. Regards Richard

rich07961
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman on Wed Dec 02 2015, 10:00

Hi Hamish,
Apologies for the thickness of my brain Sad
Agree with Richard - local charities, staffed my volunteers, tend to have lower running costs and more of your donation goes to the ones who need it.

Woodsman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:26

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top