www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

NEW EVENT - LISTER D 90TH - SKWSEG ( OPEN TO ALL ) - 11/12TH JUNE - SUSSEX

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW EVENT - LISTER D 90TH - SKWSEG ( OPEN TO ALL ) - 11/12TH JUNE - SUSSEX

Post by SKWSEG webmaster on Wed Jan 06 2016, 14:18

SPECIAL EVENT TO CELEBRATE THE 90TH BIRTHDAY OF THE LISTER D ENGINE COMBINED WITH THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY OF  THE SKWSEG

With the aim of getting as many Lister D engines and associated Lister D powered  equipment on show  in the one place at the same time .

To be held on the weekend of 11th and 12th June 2016 at the  Southern Counties Historic Vehicles Preservation Trust Centre -

THE TRUST CENTRE, EAST HILL LANE, OFF EFFINGHAM ROAD, COPTHORNE, SURREY. RH10 3JF  

see here :   http://www.wealdpower.co.uk/Special%20Event%202016.html

Entries are invited from  all Lister D owners ( you do not have to be a SKWSEG member ) to come and join us for this two day  Stationary Engine only event  

Entries from other types of Lister Engines and other non Lister manufactured Engines also welcome  - ( Lister D engines will be displayed seperately in their own engine pen)

You do not have to bring a Lister D to Join us !  all types of running stationary engine welcome

Free Camping and Toilet facilities will be available for those bringing an Engine and wishing to stay for both days ,there will be food and drink  available  on site .

A Plaque will be given to all entries at the end of the weekend  

Entries are invited for both days or single days - although both day attendance would be prefered  

Day visitors without an engine are very welcome ( there will be a small entry fee )

For more Info : see the webpage ( given above) or

Alan or Lynne Cullen
1 Chaucer Ave, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1SF.    01342 327852

chairman@wealdpower.co.uk

Regards

Kevin  SKWSEG webmaster

Last edited by SKWSEG webmaster on Wed Jan 06 2016, 23:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting typo)

SKWSEG webmaster
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

http://www.wealdpower.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW EVENT - LISTER D 90TH - SKWSEG ( OPEN TO ALL ) - 11/12TH JUNE - SUSSEX

Post by janner on Wed Jan 06 2016, 17:06

Hi Alan.

I read your above post with interest and confusion . I applaud your event and am all in favour of it , but surely unless you have been asleep you would be aware that I have been organising a special 90th birthday event in Dursley for the D type this year !

I have no problem whatsoever with your club holding the same and as I said applaud it fully . But ! and there is a but ! I do not see the reason for two 90th celebration events to be held as one will surely be enough for any D type owners .

I would like to hear the thoughts of owners and need them quite quickly as there will be no point in me continuing with the Dursley event if they only intend attending one 90th birthday event.

Regards Jon Leah

janner
Admin

Back to top Go down

RE. your reply

Post by SKWSEG webmaster on Wed Jan 06 2016, 22:49

Hi Jon

Alan is not a Forum member ,I have copied your reply and e mailed it to Alan

Regards

Kevin

SKWSEG webmaster
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

http://www.wealdpower.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janner on Thu Jan 07 2016, 00:24

SKWSEG webmaster wrote:Hi Jon

Alan is not a Forum member ,I have copied your reply and e mailed it to Alan

Regards

Kevin

Thats OK Kevin , It will make no difference to be honest with you , I have been planning this event since last summer and its in full swing and will go ahead regardless of who holds birthday events . I have an enormous amount of D types entered and some very rare models attending and its showing signs of being a true celebration of the D type held in Listers own county.

Regards Jon

janner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlBathurst on Thu Jan 07 2016, 20:05

It's the Dursley Event all the Way for me, with at least 10 of my D's ! and my uncle is bringing around 8.
and the bonus Of David Edginton MBE plus surviving members of the Lister family attending is a big bonus!
Karl. cheers

affraid 100ish Allens,1xListerH, 7xListerD's,3xListerA's,2xListerB's,1xListerJ,1ListerLH,2xListerM's,1xListerN,                 1xwolseleyWD11,1xWolsleyWD8,1xRuston1.5PB 1xRustonPB3hp,1xRustonPT, 1xLister CS9/1, 1xAmanco3-1/2hp.

EarlBathurst
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

http://www.johnallenofoxford.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:51

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top