www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise

2 posters

Go down

Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise Empty Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise

Post by Mark15 user Fri Jan 15 2016, 18:15

Dear forum members,

Step by step my trolley is coming together
Before I make the floor on the trolley for my Villiers I need your input regarding the mounting of the engine.

I have my concerns regarding the strength of the mounting points on the oil sump related to vibrations.
Can you advise if a thickness of 25mm (1") of the wooden floor should be appropriate?
Some people advised multiplex with a thickness of 40mm; however I'm afraid this will make the trolley too heavy.
I have the fear that due to vibrations the mounting points of the oil sump will be ripped off.
Do I need to ad rubber between the floor and engine or is there another solution possible.
I'm thinking to make the floor like a deck with boards (width x thickness x length per board = 25mm x 90mm x 390mm) instead of using one plywood plate.
Total length to cover = 770mm
Please note; the plywood on the picture will be replaced. This is only for a quick fit.

Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise 20150610

Do I need to use rubber rings as shock absorbers as well between the nuts and the mounting points?
Please your advise

Best regards

Steef Pronk
Mark15 user
Mark15 user
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise Empty Re: Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise

Post by Foden Fri Jan 15 2016, 19:29

Steef, this is an early Villiers Mark 10 powered sheep shearing set from the 1940's that I restored a few years ago and it is only bolted to a couple of thin wooden planks with an alluminium skin over them. No rubber mounts etc. It has been like that for over 60 years without any problems so really you should be fine bolting directly to wood.  

Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise 0f43753b94f9b35f87fec968f46f64c8

Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise 1c5965f1666e0976ac5693d74bc5b71b_1

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise Empty Reply on connection Villiers engine to wooden floor

Post by Mark15 user Fri Jan 15 2016, 21:26

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your advise.
Nice set you have.

Best regards,

Steef
Mark15 user
Mark15 user

Back to top Go down

Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise Empty Re: Connection Villiers engine MK 15 on trolley floor. How to avoid crack of mounting points engine? Need your advise

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down