www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

war finish

2 posters

Go down

war finish Empty war finish

Post by chris54-bikes Wed Jan 20 2016, 17:20

Hi guys, Ive only last week aquired a 1943 Lister D , its a 26 , number 182827, 750 rpm.
it was a garden ornament for 40 years and after I cleaned some of the muck off it was a much lighter green than my other Ds, they are all in mid brunswick.
I was wondering if it could possibly be a War Finish model ? I dont know any of its past history, is there any way that I could find out if it was a services engine ?
Cheers in advance Smile Smile
chris54-bikes
chris54-bikes
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

war finish Empty Re: war finish

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Jan 22 2016, 13:38

the best man to ask is mr david edgington, he has all the lister d records from the factory, as for the colour there was not a set colour for them, and could be sent out from bare casting with decals to red lead, battleship grey blue ect. my mates farther worked on the lister factory floor upto the last nintys and he said when they ordered in paint, it was a case of what they could get in fast enough to keep the production lines flowing, and his farther worked there through the ww2 and then the paint supply was very limited as for the milatary needs came first, so thats when they started to paint them anything they could get, and some customers requested them in there own product colours for the likes of bale elevators ,concrete mixers,waterpump sets and so on.
but mr d edgington will give you the best info of date of manufacture, who and were and maybe even if it was a special colour order or so on
he can usually be found in the stationary engine magazine, also in most of the lister d books, as he wrote ,helped or edited and updated the operators / servicing manuals, as there were faults with the originals on some specs of lister A,B,D,F,G,H engine ranges Rolling Eyes WORDS or drawings gave two differing setting for the timing up and so on.
hope this helps
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

war finish Empty Re: war finish

Post by chris54-bikes Fri Jan 22 2016, 16:27

Cheers Kev, many thanks, I will follow up your advice Very Happy
chris54-bikes
chris54-bikes
Born to be wild
Born to be wild