www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

The pump that got away - Nu Frend

3 posters

Go down

The pump that got away - Nu Frend Empty The pump that got away - Nu Frend

Post by harrone Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi All,

Have you ever found that wonderful piece of machinery that you'd love to have but for reasons out of your control you have to say no and let it go.
This happened to me late last year when I was the first to contact a fellow who was selling his pride and joy restored Nu Frend double acting piston pump.
It's one of those pumps that would stand out on any rally field and is guaranteed to draw a crowd when in operation or not.
The fellow offering it for sale was in his 80's and was to frail and ill to rally it any longer. My problem was that he just lived to far away and wasn't able to assist in getting it to a freighter to transport it to me.
So the second person who saw it for sale and who lived a lot closer, got it.
I did pick up two unrestored smaller versions of this pump but the smaller ones don't have the impressive ball shaped pressure vessels

The pump that got away - Nu Frend 214
The pump that got away - Nu Frend 116
The pump that got away - Nu Frend 312

Oh well!

Cheers

Mark

harrone
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

The pump that got away - Nu Frend Empty Re: The pump that got away - Nu Frend

Post by StewartH Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:25 am

Awwwww maaaaaannnnn! - unlucky Squire - I think we've all been there. My good lady said to me on a number of occasions - "...what's meant to be will be.." I completely disagree... he who pays wins is my motto when building/hoarding my collection Smile

better luck next time...

StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:10 pm

There was a company in the UK who also made a scotch yoke water pump similar to this one, but without the balls Laughing . Might have been Cooper of Wisbech, but I could be wrong about that. They were used with Ransome mini crawlers.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harrone Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:24 am

These pumps were manufactured by a company called Metters in South Australia under license from a US pump manufacturer called
New Friend so that's why the Australian version was called Nu Frend. I have the two smaller versions of this pump, as you put it "scotch yoke" style, double acting piston pump.

The pump that got away - Nu Frend Pa220010
The pump that got away - Nu Frend Pa220011

harrone
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum