Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

BSA F15 ignition problems.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BSA F15 ignition problems.

Post by Oliver Ward on Tue Aug 09 2016, 18:57

I currently have a sorry looking BSA F15 which isn't giving out a spark. It produces a high enough voltage to tingle your finger.I was going to try a new condenser but by the sounds of things if it had a dead condenser it wouldnt produce any voltage. However I've also noticed now that the flywheel magnets aren't as strong compared other engines I've worked on so I was wondering whether there is way to re-magnetise them. And if so would anyone be able to detail me on the process.

Cheers Oliver

Oliver Ward
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Re: BSA F15 ignition problems.

Post by Woodsman on Wed Aug 10 2016, 08:58

I wouldn't assume the condenser it duff until you have checked it. There are other threads on the matter but basically if you set your multimeter to ohms , isolated the condenser, and stick the leads across the the terminals it should show low resistance initially and then climb higher - you are actually charging the condenser using the meter's battery. I have come across the same scenario a couple of times and traced it back to a short circuit somewhere that was earthing either LT or HT to the body of the engine.

Regards Paul
Tha can alus tell a Yorkshireman - but tha can't tell him much.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top