www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

hi from east ayrshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hi from east ayrshire

Post by old tinkerer on Fri Sep 09 2016, 16:47

hi everyone, my name is Wilson, a retired diesel mechanic i have a Lister d which sat in the shed for 30 years ,no time to look at it till now, got it going after a few adjustments.also have a Lister LD and a isler water cooled single cylinder air compressor which stands 32 inches high,so far i have been unable to get any information on that, decided to tinker with smaller stuff to keep the fingers and brain from seizing up, joined the forum to ask questions and hear peoples views.new to computing as well so they are going to be a few mistakes along the way hope, i don't upset anyone. enough for now Wilson.

old tinkerer
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Re: hi from east ayrshire

Post by tony RA on Fri Sep 09 2016, 21:48

Hi Wilson welcome to a friendly Forum I/m sure you/l find a lot of help/advice/answers on here good luck with you/r projects

tony RA
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by janner on Mon Sep 12 2016, 19:54

Welcome to the forum, If you need to know anything ask away,

Regards

Janner

janner
Admin

Back to top Go down

correct parts

Post by old tinkerer on Thu Sep 15 2016, 08:40

tony RA wrote:Hi Wilson welcome to a friendly Forum I/m sure you/l find a lot of help/advice/answers on here good luck with you/r projects
'
hi tony. i have a 1938 lister d 2hp 1000 revs, how do i know what parts are original and what's not. i also have a 1945 d 11/2 hp 750 revs for spares. the hopper lid on the 38 is cast with casting numbers on top and has a chamfered edge round the opening,the 45 has a machined opening, the rocker cover on the 38 breathes at the edges , the 45 has a dome shaped breather. i have no silencers at all, need to know the correct one for the 38, long or short.i want to strip down and re build the 38 over the winter and want to get it right, i don't want it to look like a bitsa. i had the 38 running, it has a sri magneto . i also have the Nigel McBurney book on restoration for the technical information. any help on the correct parts would be grateful .wilson.

old tinkerer

Back to top Go down

Post by tony RA on Thu Sep 15 2016, 20:58

Hi Wilson I/m new to this hobby / obsession to so what I did was join the Lister D type Group and the British Stationary Engine Group . closed groups but between all the helpful folk on there will be an answer and advice for all you/r questions and queries Janner Admin is the man Hope this will help

tony RA

Back to top Go down

correct parts

Post by old tinkerer on Fri Sep 16 2016, 10:08

hi janner. I have a 1938 Lister d 2hp 1000 revs, how do i know what parts are original and what's not, I also have a 1945 Lister d 1/2 hp 700 revs for spares. the hopper lid on the 38 is cast with casting numbers on the top and has a chamfered edge round the opening ,the 45 has a straight machined opening, the rocker cover on the 38 breathes at the side the 45 has dome shaped breather on top, both have sr1 magnetos,i have no silencers at all,need to know the correct one, for the 1938 deep or shallow. I want to strip down and rebuild the 1938 one over the winter, and want to get it looking like it should do for that year.the engine number is 140848 18D2H HP2 1000 RPM. I bought a Nigel McBurney book on Lister d type restoration at the Dorset steam fair to keep me wright on the technical side of things. I am retired diesel mechanic . any help on the correct parts for the engine of that year would be grateful. wilson.

old tinkerer

Back to top Go down

Post by old tinkerer on Sun Sep 18 2016, 12:24

hi tony.thanks for the advice. just contacted janner with the same query.i noticed i have been befriended 4 times.must have upset people somewhere along the line. this is my first computer only had it a short time, still trying to figure out how it all works .wilson

old tinkerer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:02

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top