www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Another newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another newbie

Post by harford2073 on Tue Sep 13 2016, 21:45

I only wanted a rotorvator!
And the Lister domestic water pump was thrown in too. I thought great this'll be useful up the allotment and it was. Untill the pump developed an oil leak. A quick look on line for some parts. Quick!?
A quick few hours later i had got to know alot more about pumps, Lister and engines.
Now i have my first stationary engine to replace the rotorvator on water pump duties. Both of which are going to be refurbished this winter. The engine hasn't run for some time so this winter is going to be a learning curve as my mechanical skills are very basic. I will not be going to the extent of pristine restoration as it is going to be used frequently, but i am toying with the idea of entering the show ciruit next year. I did enjoy seeing them at Chepstow then at usk this year and really wanted to go to Speech House but couldn't. Definatly next year.
My engine is a Lister D 26DH no. 179359 in red apart from the tank and carburettor which are in green.
A whole new world has opened up to me from beyond the show rope and i look foward to chatting and picking your brains.
Christian

harford2073

Back to top Go down

Re: Another newbie

Post by Woodsman on Wed Sep 14 2016, 09:32

Hi Christian and welcome to the forum. Wish I still had an allotment Sad  - grow a few bits and pieces in the garden.

Woodsman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top