www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Restored Lister D for sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Restored Lister D for sale

Post by biomed32uk on Thu Sep 29 2016, 21:13

I have a restored Lister D that I would like to pass on to another home, I spent a fortune on restoring this engine, it did have a forum thread when I did it. You name I did it, a total nut and bold strip down, and refinished in the correct colour paint, it was done with tekaloid and then has the tekaloid clear coat over the top, so has a better finish than some cars I have seen.

The petrol tank was treated to a coating inside, it wasnt leaking but a coat of the sealing stuff would stop and future issues.

It's on a mahogany trolley made by be, may not be quite the best but does the job.

The engine is basically ready to show, I put of drop of petrol in over the weekend and she fired on the second spin.

Soon after completing it as a project my circumstances changed that enabled me to move onto my real want which is old cars, so thats what I did, the D is sitting in the workshop gathering dust and not doing what I originally had planned. So would love to see it go on to a new home for some enjoyment, I'll be sad to see it go as I love collecting things, and love the sound of it starting and running but I have to be sensible.

I know what they are going for on ebay, so I know what a sensible price is for it, especially in the condition it is in. I have loads of photos I took when I restored it.

I also have another one, thats not restored, not on a trolley, but I had the mag rewound at some expense and fitted a new set of rings to it, it again runs well and also needs to go.

In addition I have some spare bits that I bought at the time, timing case, cam, piston and rod, valves, head bits, magnetos.

It's located in Gt Holland, Essex, the real question is that is anyone interested in it.

biomed32uk
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top