www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Wico a type magneto.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wico a type magneto.

Post by Oliver Ward on Thu Oct 13 2016, 19:27

Hi all I am currently searching for a anti-clockwise wico type a magneto for one of my engines. I am aware that these are a very common piece of hardware however I require one that has a tapered shaft (no impulse mechanism) as it will a have gear bolted to the end of it. It will be running on its side so if it's a model 865z even better however this isn't completely necessary as the engine won't be ran that much to warrant needing a modified lubrication system if it's not available.If anyone has one or knows of one please let me know.

Cheers Oliver

Last edited by Oliver Ward on Fri Oct 14 2016, 21:31; edited 1 time in total

Oliver Ward
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Re: Wico a type magneto.

Post by blue cat on Fri Oct 14 2016, 18:59

Oliver,
The Wico A is available in 3 different taper shaft sizes, small, medium and large.
See here:
http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/WipacMagneto/MagTaper1.htm

I have a model 1818 which might be model 1658 (its overstamped with 1818), with a large taper shaft. The coil reads 5000 ohms which is an indication that it might be OK, but the magneto is untested. Rotation is anti-clockwise at the taper shaft end.

What engine is this for ?

blue cat
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Ward on Fri Oct 14 2016, 19:25

blue cat wrote:Oliver,
The Wico A is available in 3 different taper shaft sizes, small, medium and large.
See here:
http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/WipacMagneto/MagTaper1.htm

I have a model 1818 which might be model 1658 (its overstamped with 1818), with a large taper shaft. The coil reads 5000 ohms which is an indication that it might be OK, but the magneto is untested. Rotation is anti-clockwise at the taper shaft end.

What engine is this for ?

The engine is a ALCO featherweight that i brought a month or so ago now without a mag or starting handle. In terms of taper size I'm not sure I'll have to find out as I don't have a gear yet.

Cheers Oliver.

Oliver Ward
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:46

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top