www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers WXII

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Villiers WXII

Post by chiefy on Tue Jan 24 2017, 12:39

Hi, Guys and Gals i am looking for a water cooled Villers would prefer the hopper cooled type, i can collect reasonable from west yorkshire. Regards.

chiefy
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Re: Villiers WXII

Post by StewartH on Tue May 09 2017, 10:11

Hello Chiefy,

Looks like we're both looking for the same - fortunately at different ends of the country so we shouldn't be after the same prize!

I have just seen a WX11 go for £185 of fleabay up in Chesterfield - was that a win for you? I was interested in the price - it said it was a runner and looked in reasonable condition - but is £185 too much or just about right?

Good luck with the hunt...

Best

Hamish
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefy on Wed May 10 2017, 10:41

Hi Hamish,
I have got a engine now it was not the one on e/bay i have bought one on a cast iron base that is connected to a John Cherry pump mounted on 4 wheels and steerable it is seriously heavy for me and my little Berlingo Multispace i think i shall mount the engine on a wood trolley on its own so i can handle it
Best Regards Keith.
on a wood trolley so

chiefy

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH on Wed May 10 2017, 10:49

Hi Keith - That sounds unusual to say the least! - not something seen on the rally field. And as you say it must be a good lump to put in the transport - I had a friend who used a hand winch bolted to the floor/ bulkhead of his Berlingo (belt variety) and skip loading ramps everywhere he went with his Petter 6HP lighting set(M Type I think)...he drove slowly everywhere he went...

Mine not so exciting - I don't even know what it is apart from hopper cooled right now... but I've been after one for a long time so happy to be able to fettle over the summer! Enjoy your setup Sir!

Best

Hamish
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefy on Wed May 10 2017, 12:59

Thanks for that Hamish and yes it is really steady away with the whole lump loaded it is really too heavy for the Berlingo thats why i need to split them up its a pity but i just cannot handle it on my own, i had to get a couple of my old mates to give me a hand to unload.
Best Regards,
Keith.

chiefy

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH on Fri May 12 2017, 09:15

Just a thought - In our local area we have a lady who isn't the strongest - but she is a very clever engineer - she bought a mobility scooter motor and axle set up off ebay and uses that to both push and pull her engines around with a mine tow ball and jaw - she holds the controller on an extended lead. She also has a starter motor attached to a go-kart wheel and tyre on a chain sprocket - and levers it against the flywheels to start her engines - a bit like a race bike starter you'd see in classic bike garages - works an treat - I'll be building one myself soon.
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum