www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers WXII

Go down

Villiers WXII

Post by chiefy on Tue Jan 24 2017, 12:39

Hi, Guys and Gals i am looking for a water cooled Villers would prefer the hopper cooled type, i can collect reasonable from west yorkshire. Regards.

chiefy
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Re: Villiers WXII

Post by StewartH on Tue May 09 2017, 10:11

Hello Chiefy,

Looks like we're both looking for the same - fortunately at different ends of the country so we shouldn't be after the same prize!

I have just seen a WX11 go for £185 of fleabay up in Chesterfield - was that a win for you? I was interested in the price - it said it was a runner and looked in reasonable condition - but is £185 too much or just about right?

Good luck with the hunt...

Best

Hamish
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefy on Wed May 10 2017, 10:41

Hi Hamish,
I have got a engine now it was not the one on e/bay i have bought one on a cast iron base that is connected to a John Cherry pump mounted on 4 wheels and steerable it is seriously heavy for me and my little Berlingo Multispace i think i shall mount the engine on a wood trolley on its own so i can handle it
Best Regards Keith.
on a wood trolley so

chiefy

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH on Wed May 10 2017, 10:49

Hi Keith - That sounds unusual to say the least! - not something seen on the rally field. And as you say it must be a good lump to put in the transport - I had a friend who used a hand winch bolted to the floor/ bulkhead of his Berlingo (belt variety) and skip loading ramps everywhere he went with his Petter 6HP lighting set(M Type I think)...he drove slowly everywhere he went...

Mine not so exciting - I don't even know what it is apart from hopper cooled right now... but I've been after one for a long time so happy to be able to fettle over the summer! Enjoy your setup Sir!

Best

Hamish
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefy on Wed May 10 2017, 12:59

Thanks for that Hamish and yes it is really steady away with the whole lump loaded it is really too heavy for the Berlingo thats why i need to split them up its a pity but i just cannot handle it on my own, i had to get a couple of my old mates to give me a hand to unload.
Best Regards,
Keith.

chiefy

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH on Fri May 12 2017, 09:15

Just a thought - In our local area we have a lady who isn't the strongest - but she is a very clever engineer - she bought a mobility scooter motor and axle set up off ebay and uses that to both push and pull her engines around with a mine tow ball and jaw - she holds the controller on an extended lead. She also has a starter motor attached to a go-kart wheel and tyre on a chain sprocket - and levers it against the flywheels to start her engines - a bit like a race bike starter you'd see in classic bike garages - works an treat - I'll be building one myself soon.
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down