www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Removing pulley wheel from fly wheel

2 posters

Go down

Removing pulley wheel from fly wheel Empty Removing pulley wheel from fly wheel

Post by ajcooper4 Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:45

The Lister D I recently acquired has, what looks to me like, a pulley wheel fixed to the fly wheel.  It's clearly been there a long time!  It has four screw fixings but having removed them it doesn't move.  Does it require pressure or is there something else I should do please?

Thank you.Removing pulley wheel from fly wheel Img_2012

ajcooper4
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Removing pulley wheel from fly wheel Empty Re: Removing pulley wheel from fly wheel

Post by maryalice Thu Aug 06 2020, 17:06

As far as I'm aware the pulley was never mounted like that by Listers, it would have been mounted on the shaft. The pulley is aluminium and will expand quicker than the cast flywheel, heat the pullet around the bossand it might give a little, get a stout length of rope with a loop on one end, put around the pulley and pass the other end through the loop and tie off on a bench then turn the flywheel in the other direction so the loop tightens and grips the pulley, it might break free, the aluminium and steel have coroded together.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Removing pulley wheel from fly wheel Empty Re: Removing pulley wheel from fly wheel

Post by ajcooper4 Sat Aug 08 2020, 17:00

Thanks for the advice. Pulley wheel now safely removed. Gentle leverage moving around the rim little by little did it.

ajcooper4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down