www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

26D Air Filter

4 posters

Go down

26D Air Filter Empty 26D Air Filter

Post by DaiCap Sat Aug 15 2020, 01:43

I have only seen one engine with an air filter fitted, as farms are dusty environments I would have expected to see them for sale but I never have.
My question is were they common and what happened to them.
The amount of time mine spends running a filter probably wont make any difference as its always in a clean environment, I just thought it maybe nice to fit one just to add a finishing touch. My other finishing touch is to extend the exhaust pipe and make it a bit quieter just to keep my wife & surrounding humans happy. Although to me it's music to my ears. clown
DaiCap
DaiCap
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

26D Air Filter Empty Re: 26D Air Filter

Post by Foden Sat Aug 15 2020, 09:42

They were an option when new, they are not that common now as they will be the first thing that rotted away closely followed by the exhaust silencer! They do appear for sale occasionally though.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Sun Aug 16 2020, 12:28

I think they air-filters on Lister D's were not that common when new. Lister D's were often used on pumps and stand-by milking sets, neither was a particularly dusty enviromnent, and farmers didn't go buying optionl extras when they were unlikely to be required.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun Aug 16 2020, 13:41

In all the years I've been collecting Listers I've only seen them in pictures, you would assume Cement Mixers might have them but even they didnt appear to have them in sales literature.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down