www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister AK Build Date

2 posters

Go down

Lister AK Build Date Empty Lister AK Build Date

Post by StuartR Thu Aug 20 2020, 12:37

HI all,
I have seen the name Doreen Edgington in this section of the forum as the go to lady for Lister dating.
I know the year from the Serial No. (226043 Spec. A24K), but wonder if an actual build date was obtainable. I have the 'Lister A & B Story' book by David Edgington and some engines are listed with specific build dates. I believe my AK was supplied to John Scarth of Kirkwell, Orkney in 1934, who then supplied it to a croft on the island of Sanday, Orkney, together with a Threshing Mill to drive from the AK. Further proof of build date and confirmation of the supply to John Scarth would be good to have. Is this the sort of information that can be supplied by Doreen? and if so, how would I get in touch?

Thanks in advance,

StuartR
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Lister AK Build Date Empty Re: Lister AK Build Date

Post by maryalice Fri Aug 21 2020, 09:21

Stuart,

If you write an email to Doreen Edgington, she has the build records that her husband David had collected together from Lister, she will be able to tell you the build date and if the records are up to date the first owner beit either the end user or agent who received the engine, please dont expext an instant answer as Doreen does this voluntarily and she enjoys politeness.
Doreens email is doreen Edgington <ddlwf123@aol.com>

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by StuartR Fri Aug 21 2020, 09:46

Thanks Maryalice,
I will send an email, I am in no rush for a reply as the engine is going nowhere, I've waited long enough to get one so patience is no problem.
Thanks.

StuartR
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down