www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

New member looking for Bentall help

5 posters

Go down

New member looking for Bentall help Empty New member looking for Bentall help

Post by matash Mon Dec 06 2021, 19:08

Good evening gents, here (hopefully) is a picture of our 1913 Bentall 4hp petrol/paraffin engine, it’s now safe in my workshop and looking a lot better, she spins freely and is very complete apart from the mag being absent, I have sourced a Thompson Bennet mag that will fit but I can’t find an impulse coupling anywhere, I don’t suppose anyone can help can they? It is the same as fitted to a Bentall Pioneer but so far I’ve had no joyNew member looking for Bentall help E3af9e10Look

matash
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

New member looking for Bentall help Empty Re: New member looking for Bentall help

Post by matash Mon Dec 06 2021, 19:25

And another picture after some careful cleaning, it will stay like this and not be painted New member looking for Bentall help D85b8e10

matash

Back to top Go down

New member looking for Bentall help Empty Re: New member looking for Bentall help

Post by maryalice Mon Dec 06 2021, 21:41

Good evening and welcome, at last a nice water cooled engine of a good age, as to your parts you need there is only one person I could suggest on here that is Blue Cat, he will be along in a while no doubt.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matash Mon Dec 06 2021, 22:19

Thank you, this engine came into our family’s ownership over 82 years ago when my grandfather bought our farm, the mag was missing then and it’s sat waiting in various sheds since then, it deserves to run again.

matash

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Tue Dec 07 2021, 13:17

That looks nice and I agree - oily rag finish. I intend the same with my Petter Victory when I get a chance to do some work on it. Rolling Eyes

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Tue Dec 07 2021, 22:10

maryalice wrote:Good evening and welcome, at last a nice water cooled engine of a good age, as to your parts you need there is only one person I could suggest on here that is Blue Cat, he will be along in a while no doubt.

Maryalice

Sorry I don't have a Bentall impulse coupling for the magneto.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Thu Dec 09 2021, 16:52

Your next bet would be a wanted in Stationary Engine Magazine.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matash Thu Dec 09 2021, 16:58

Thank you I will give that a go, someone somewhere must have one.

matash

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Thu Dec 09 2021, 18:19

Or maybe borrow one to get a replica casting done, and the machine it up.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matash Thu Dec 09 2021, 23:21

That is a possibility if I can find someone who is willing to lend me one

matash

Back to top Go down

Post by cranium Fri Dec 10 2021, 12:41

The Stationary Engine magazine Helpline man for Bentall is Robert Jackson of the Mid-Glos Engine Club. He might be able to help. jacksonrobert1900@gmail.com
Failing that, a few words in the form of a letter/article to Editor of the magazine with that couple of pictures is likely to bring forth a result.
Eric

cranium
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by matash Fri Dec 10 2021, 13:13

Thanks Eric, I have had several emails from Robert already and he has been able to send me some pictures of the impulse coupling but that is all the information he was able to supply, I will endeavour to get a wanted advert and hopefully some pictures to the magazine.

matash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down