www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Coventry Victor AD3 or WD3 Big End Bearing Shells

2 posters

Go down

Coventry Victor AD3 or WD3 Big End Bearing Shells Empty Coventry Victor AD3 or WD3 Big End Bearing Shells

Post by Stuart Elliott Thu Mar 03 2022, 19:50

I'm looking for big end bearing shells preferably undersize -0.025" (journal size 1.975"). I will take standard size shell or any undersize shell because I have options using a spare crankshaft (journal size 1.9995"). I've been in touch with Cox & Turner Engineering and they have search with their contacts, but no result. The shell wall thickness is 0.072" and width 1.500". Would anyone know of an alternative solution being a shell from another engine manufacturer that may by chance be the same size and could be adapted. Cox & Turner have suggested white metaling the con rod big end bore, but this will be a huge cost.

Stuart Elliott

Stuart Elliott
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Coventry Victor AD3 or WD3 Big End Bearing Shells Empty Re: Coventry Victor AD3 or WD3 Big End Bearing Shells

Post by maryalice Fri Mar 04 2022, 07:37

I've never done it myself but there are several books on white metal bearing manufacture at home, your only major cost would be the white metal, you make your own patterns etc, its worth reading about the subject.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down