www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Priming tap

2 posters

Go down

Priming tap Empty Priming tap

Post by Rookesy Tue Jul 26 2022, 20:04

Gents,
I have an Argosy domestic type pump and over the years the brass priming bolt has become rounded and now cannot be removed. I am planning to try an Easiout and it that fails drill and retap the hole.
Rather than use a bolt I have seen straight drain taps, often advertised for Wolseley engines, has anyone tried using one as a way to prime the pump?
Thanks in anticipation

Rookesy
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Priming tap Empty Re: Priming tap

Post by Appletop Tue Aug 02 2022, 17:36

If you mean the bung in the top of the air vessel it is not normally a priming tap but a plug to add/remove air from the vessel to cure water hammer caused by the piston, however, the tap you are talking about would do the job, I'd think the hole would be a little small to pour water in thou....
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookesy Thu Aug 04 2022, 08:10

Thanks I think I may as well stick with a bolt, if it was designed to have a bolt why change it.

Rookesy
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum