www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Stuart Turner 50/68volt Generating set

2 posters

Go down

Stuart Turner 50/68volt Generating set Empty Stuart Turner 50/68volt Generating set

Post by chuffchuff Mon Apr 10 2023, 18:18

Hello fellows,

I've this afternoon dug out from the back of the workshop a Stuart Turner low voltage generating set. From the dynamo plate. Plant No 9124, Dynamo 10115, 50/68 volt, 10 amp, 500watt, 1000RPM Its on a base driven with a 2 stroke Stuart. I'll post some photos later on. Would anyone have any information on this one there is no control panel or amp or voltmeter with it though. I guess it would have been used for battery charging? Its been lying in the back of the workshop for fifty years or so. /the engine is complete although I haven't looked too closely at it yet.
Two pairs of wiring coming out of the dynamo junction box, I guess the lighter pair would be for voltage/current control?
I note that the engine starting handle (missing) would have been engaged on the dynamo shaft. Any info appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim L

chuffchuff
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Stuart Turner 50/68volt Generating set Empty Re: Stuart Turner 50/68volt Generating set

Post by minorman965 Wed Sep 13 2023, 17:31

Just found this posting. You jogged my memory. Somewhere ???? I have a handbook for a P5 lighting set , I will have a dig. It might be some while.
minorman965
minorman965
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down