www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister D Ring Gap

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lister D Ring Gap

Post by wortha184 on Sat Sep 03 2011, 22:48

I am about to fit new rings to my shaft drive 'Lister D'

Does anyone know what the ring gap should be??

Thank you
Stephen

wortha184
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Lister D Ring Gap

Post by Foden on Sun Sep 04 2011, 17:58

Gaps are usually 4 thou per inch of bore for watercooled engines, 6 thou for aircooled. That is for a new bore. However for a used Lister D I would set the actual gap around the 8 thou mark per ring, they will soon bed themselves in.

Pete.

_________________
Too much to do, and so little time!!

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 65
Location : North Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Lister D Ring Gap

Post by BRASSO on Sun Sep 04 2011, 20:43

Foden wrote:Gaps are usually 4 thou per inch of bore for watercooled engines, 6 thou for aircooled. That is for a new bore. However for a used Lister D I would set the actual gap around the 8 thou mark per ring, they will soon bed themselves in.

Pete.

yes you are bang on! 4 thou per inch is spot on. I gapped my Lister d reverse rotation 3 inch bore = 12 thou and it runs like a dream.

Cheers

Mart.

BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2009-08-15
Age : 42
Location : ST AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Back to top Go down

Re: Lister D Ring Gap

Post by stationary stu on Mon Sep 05 2011, 09:49

Nice one Pete, I knew you told me in the past the gap but could remember which way round it was so thanks for clearing that up for me.

Not wanting to take over the thread but have you got your entry number back for Scorton Pete?

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Posts : 8962
Join date : 2009-07-21
Age : 58
Location : Stanley, Co. Durham.

Back to top Go down

Re: Lister D Ring Gap

Post by Foden on Mon Sep 05 2011, 12:41

stationary stu wrote:

Not wanting to take over the thread but have you got your entry number back for Scorton Pete?

Stu.

I dont get a number Stu as I am in the dairy section. Eric Moody will be posting my pass when he returns from the Great Dorst.

Pete.

_________________
Too much to do, and so little time!!

Foden
Life Member
Life Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 65
Location : North Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Lister D Ring Gap

Post by stationary stu on Tue Sep 06 2011, 12:31

Foden wrote:
stationary stu wrote:

Not wanting to take over the thread but have you got your entry number back for Scorton Pete?

Stu.

I dont get a number Stu as I am in the dairy section. Eric Moody will be posting my pass when he returns from the Great Dorst.

Pete.

Oh right Pete, All going well and I get my engine put together I'll see you there lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Posts : 8962
Join date : 2009-07-21
Age : 58
Location : Stanley, Co. Durham.

Back to top Go down

Re: Lister D Ring Gap

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:23


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum