www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Engine formerly at Pen-y-Bryn Slate Quarry, Nantlle, Gwynedd, North Wales - Enquiry by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales

2 posters

Go down

Engine formerly at Pen-y-Bryn Slate Quarry, Nantlle, Gwynedd, North Wales - Enquiry by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales Empty Engine formerly at Pen-y-Bryn Slate Quarry, Nantlle, Gwynedd, North Wales - Enquiry by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales

Post by SGS Wed Feb 15 2012, 14:43

Dear Forum Members,

I am posting on here in the hope you will be able to assist with an enquiry. My name is Spencer Smith and I am an Investigator with the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales, based in Aberystwyth.

I am currently working on the Atlanterra Project, and as part of the project the RCAHMW are commissioning the recreation of three Slate Mines / Quarries in North Wales through computer animation. One of these the slate quarries is at Pen-y-Bryn, Nantlle, Gwynedd. I am currently looking for information on the stationary engine which was used to originally power a chain incline, and later a row of Saw Tables.

I am currently unable to attach any images of the engine, or attach any external links, but the engine was removed from Pen-y-Bryn in the 1970s and is currently kept at the National Slate Museum, Llanberis.

If anyone has seen this engine, or thinks they may be able to assist in suggesting a maker for this engine, its original location, displacement / horsepower and any other relevant information, please contact me through here or at spencer.smith at rcahmw.gov.uk

Last edited by SGS on Wed Feb 15 2012, 14:50; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Image Attachment)
SGS
SGS

Back to top Go down

Engine formerly at Pen-y-Bryn Slate Quarry, Nantlle, Gwynedd, North Wales - Enquiry by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales Empty Re: Engine formerly at Pen-y-Bryn Slate Quarry, Nantlle, Gwynedd, North Wales - Enquiry by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales

Post by hob Wed Feb 15 2012, 16:37

I emailed Spencer to offer to post his images for him

these are the images he sent me

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't really know anything about steam engines.......... maybe someone else does?

neville
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Engine formerly at Pen-y-Bryn Slate Quarry, Nantlle, Gwynedd, North Wales - Enquiry by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales Empty Re: Engine formerly at Pen-y-Bryn Slate Quarry, Nantlle, Gwynedd, North Wales - Enquiry by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15 2012, 18:01

In his new members post I've told him to contact Internal Fire Museum of Power if anyone can help I think it will be them.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down