www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

lister d piston stuck

+4
blackvanman
matt86
Rustybullethole
davelister
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

lister d piston stuck - Page 2 Empty Re: lister d piston stuck

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 12:40

Well spotted Nuts :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by davelister Sun Mar 10 2013, 16:27

IT'S OUT!!!!!!!!! brute force and ignorance paid off. managed to get it out the bottom with a bit of careful planning. i bent the oil dripper and tied the conrod over to the side of the crank case,then beat the hell out of the piston with a brass drift and a big hammer(i know i risked cracking the piston but ive got a spare),knocked it down enugh to take the gugion pin out and this then gave me space to knock it out. the plus side i that the oil dripper on the conrod straighted out again and didnt snap! one happy bunny.

mat
davelister
davelister
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w Sun Mar 10 2013, 17:58

Great news dave Smile
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 Sun Mar 10 2013, 18:40

Now hope fully the rest should easy finger's crossed !! It will soon done now the hard part is over lol! lol!
Andrew

Andrew1971
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by davelister Sun Mar 10 2013, 19:42

cheers guys.theres a few bits and pieces to get for it,mainly external bolt on stuff. im hopeing to get it up and running with a spangley new paint job in the next 3-4 weeks,only having mainly weekends and the odd hour at night to work on it. it shouldnt take much to get it going cause i can nick the missing bits of my dk for now.when its done ill post some pics in the pic section.

mat
davelister
davelister
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 11:37

Well done, bet you felt great after you got it out. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Keep us informed of how you get on and looking forward to seeing the finished engine.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by davelister Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:38

will do but don't expect to see brunswick green,ive gone for a different more up to date green.think of it as pimp my lister but not over the top,i know the taditinalists will moan but i wanted something different.once this ones up and running my dk's receiving a new colour but that wont be green.people modify classic cars why not these little beasties?

mat
davelister
davelister
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:45

Plenty of Lister D's get painted in different colours, I wouldn't worry about it. I can understand people getting all purist if it's an extremely rare, museum piece kind of engine, or something you don't see too often. I can even be a bit of a purist myself, at times. But the more common stuff is less likely to get moaned at. There's plenty of them about which have been lovingly restored by the book.

So, what's going to be then? Maybe that green I painted my Tarpen??? (it was very bright Shocked )

Or is it a surprise? Only to be revealed later on, when it's all finished?

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:46

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's your engine paint it what ever colour you want and if anyone doesn't like it, it's there problem to deal with.
Looking forward to the finished pics to see what colour/shade you've decided on.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:17

Maybe a metallic green, like the Polychromatic Green Douglas used on their motorcycles towards the end???

I'm looking forward to seeing it as well. bounce

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by davelister Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:40

your not far off with metallic,its one of those paints that good lighting really makes it work so a sunny day at a show should do the trick.
it should be done in the next few weeks so ill post some pics when its done.

mat
davelister
davelister
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2