Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

any one know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

any one know?

Post by Carpmanjay on Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:25

i saw this at the FMPS show nr sudbury a couple of years ago. i like the way the gearing could be exposed and the oil was lifted up to lubricate the shaft. does anyone know what pump it is?

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Re: any one know?

Post by kevjhnsn on Tue Mar 26 2013, 23:25

i had one for a weekend and sold it again
as didnt think i would get an engine slow enough to run it or the style pump needed for it to work Embarassed
Sad have the amanco now and a bellows/sludge water lifter pump
its a deep well pump mechanically motion head
for a leather/rubber diaphram, like the old bellow hand pumps it just has a shaft in the bottom to lift and lower the bellow/diaphram
it has oil slip ring oiler system and the gears lifts the oil also but not a high enough speed to fling/splash oil to bearings ect so the slip ring lube the rest
just the tin cover missing in pic with in my case had a plate "worthingtons pumps whitchurch.shropshire " 10-15 yrs ago my dad bought one the same make but triple system and a three man lift ,just for the head and the base casting with the bellows in ,just as heavy again " we sold that up at pickering rally 1 mnth later as it was going through the scrapyard ,and it had to be saved
ther maybe other makers of this style pump as its such a simple and efficant design of the times

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum