www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister Domestic pump rebuild

2 posters

Go down

Lister Domestic pump rebuild Empty Lister Domestic pump rebuild

Post by Andy Jackson Mon Jul 22 2013, 20:14

Hi, very new here but owned a D Type for years, but not rallied for ages. Have at last got a water pump which I intend to use for its original purpose shifting water around the garden. I may also rally occasionally. My question is...how do I remove the plunger rod? I've undone the castle nut and removed the old cup washers and could replace without further dismantling, but it seems a shame.

Any suggestions and perhaps a point in the right direction for any running instructions would be good.
Thanks,

Andy

Andy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Lister Domestic pump rebuild Empty Re: Lister Domestic pump rebuild

Post by Appletop Mon Jul 22 2013, 20:16

To remove the plunger rod take the back cover off the crankcase, remove the big end cap, take the crank out and pull it out from there, a lot of work, if your bearings are good I'd leave it in.
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Jackson Mon Jul 22 2013, 20:22

Thanks for that. I thought that might be the case. It all feels sound at the moment but I will strip it down so I know whats going on in there.
Thanks again.
Andy

Andy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum