www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers lightweight oil seals.

2 posters

Go down

Villiers lightweight oil seals. Empty Villiers lightweight oil seals.

Post by Oliver Ward Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:42 pm

I was wondering whether I can use oil seals made for other Villiers engines on my Villiers 125 lightweight as it seams to have sprung a leak at its last outing as there is oil dripping into bottom of the shroud. Also does anyone know what the head should be torqued down to with the block being aluminium and all.

Cheers Oliver.

Oliver Ward
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Villiers lightweight oil seals. Empty Re: Villiers lightweight oil seals.

Post by StewartH Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:35 pm

Hello Oliver,

I've struggled to find this info myself over the years... but then found a useful website - a little biased towards car engines but the principles are exactly the same - just scaled down for us - this link will get you thinking about what types of head bolt you have and the condition etc. whilst thinking of the torque settings you need - worth a read..IMO...

Hoping another contributor can give you the actual torque settings...but if not let us all know again and something else will come to mind!

http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2005/07/perfect-engine-sealing-starts-with-proper-head-bolt-use/

Best

Hamish
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Villiers lightweight oil seals. Empty Cheers

Post by Oliver Ward Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:49 am

OK I'll have a look.

Cheers oliver

Oliver Ward
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Villiers lightweight oil seals. Empty Re: Villiers lightweight oil seals.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum