www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Amanco governor linkage parts wanted

Go down

Amanco governor linkage parts wanted Empty Amanco governor linkage parts wanted

Post by chuffchuff Thu Jan 09 2020, 19:03

Hi Fellows,
I'm on with restoring a Amanco Hired Hand but note that one of the governor right angle links is broken i.e. that the link that fits between the centrifugal weight and the sliding sleeve on the crankshaft. Also completely missing is the linkage that pivots on the timing idler gear shaft, the clevis end on the idler gear shaft if broken, half of the clevis is broken off. I could make a new idler pinion shaft with the clevis end but have no idea what the linkage that pivots in the clevis looks like.
Apologies for my ignorance on the correct names for the parts. I'm new to the Amanco's and don't know of another close by to go and look at and study or measure-up. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Smile

chuffchuff
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Amanco governor linkage parts wanted Empty Re: Amanco governor linkage parts wanted

Post by chuffchuff Fri Jan 10 2020, 21:36

After today's session in the workshop I've a lot more idea now whats required with the missing or broken governor parts. I've attached a few of photos here to hopefully help with sourcing parts. (Little hope I guess  Crying or Very sad ) The second photo shows the good governor link not sure though that it should have the riveted on wear pad? I guess this was a patch-up by someone in years gone by?  The third photo shows the broken governor link. The first photo shows the broken clevis on the gear spindle. Unfortunately the hit and miss lever that pivots on the gear shaft clevis is completely missing  Crying or Very sad   Amanco governor linkage parts wanted P1050813
Amanco governor linkage parts wanted P1050811Amanco governor linkage parts wanted P1050814

chuffchuff

Back to top Go down